Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which player was the youngest to win tier 1 event, with the fewest amount of tournaments entered? For example player x won a tier 1 after entering 12 tournaments.

·
Banned
5,664 Posts
I wouldn't even know where to begin to find the answer to that one BHS...maybe Eggy or someone like that will know :)

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Its ok Marshmellow!Shes still a talented player!:hearts:

·
♥ All-American Reject
19,132 Posts
i think it's Serena and isn't she the lowest ranked player to win a Tier I unless Jelena bettered her at the Italian Open last year.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
JC in Boca Raton 90, apparently they didn`t call it tier 1`s then but if they did it would have been one for sure.

·
Banned
5,664 Posts
I reckon you will find the answer is either Seles or Hingis. Just a guess though.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
oops she didn`t win it, only reached the final

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
Monica won key biscane when she was 16 so she must have been one of the youngest
JC was 15 when she won canada when she was 15 so she was even younger. Maybe she is the youngest afterall to win one.

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Monica won the Lipton at 16 years, 3 months. Depending on which events would be classified like that, it would have been about her 5th or 6th.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
I think the answer is Monica.

She did it in 3 tries.

1st Tier 1 event played was Key Biscane.
2nd Tier 1 played was Zurich.
3rd Tier 1 played was Key Biscane which she won.

Serena did it in 4 tries.

·
Registered
12,118 Posts
Serena was the first unseed to win a TIER I title :)

She had 18 and few months :hearts:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Serena was 17 when she won her first tier1 .....Indian wells '99.....also graf had not been beaten in the final of any tournament ( withdrew once with an injury I think against hingis)
since '94 before serena won IW.

·
Registered
12,118 Posts
Ooops! :p

Thanks Brian for the right INFO :)

So Serena is the youngest player to win a TIER I???

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
Serena isn`t the youngest but that match in indian wells was for sure a great achievement and made her one of my favs(the fact that she beat Steffi and despite I started to like her shows how great it was;) )

·
Registered
12,118 Posts
Is TOKYO BrianII, Pan Pacific 1997, when Hingis defeated Graf with W.O. ;)

So another record for Serena :bounce:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Jennifer was younger than Serena. Jen was 15 when she won Toronto, and it was her 22nd tournament,(right around there) I believe.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts