Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Other? Please specify

Votes: 11 7.9%
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
16,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Not sure any one player will dominate the second half, but the safest bet has to be Iga as she has already shown that she is capable of a long dominant stretch of play.
But is Iga as good on grass and US hardcourts as on clay and on slower hardcourts? Other players like Bianca and especially Emma might feel more comfortable there..

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Given that Iga skipped Berlin for exact this reason, we can expect her to continue to be careful with her scheduling.
yeah she's honed the HC game to a sharp edge. I suspect she keeps the cautious schedule post Wimbly. Warsaw as pure fan fluff and a single Rabat addition to her rapidly expandgin trophy collection, Rogers OR Cinci.. then the US Open. Hard to see her playing more than a couple between NYC and the YEC. Anyhow it is really hard to see anyone beating her where she does play as no one was even remotely close to her before. A couple pushed her.. like Clara Tauson and Simona but still those were sort of NID matches.

·
Registered
117 Posts
hopefully Emma so she can silence her haters a bit more again

but am expecting Iga to continue to dominate
FFS. She's got a long way to go if ever before she can dominate. Maybe start by getting healthy, then maybe win a few against decent players, then we'll see. Wish her all the best but her fans are delusional at times.

·
Registered
16,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
FFS. She's got a long way to go if ever before she can dominate. Maybe start by getting healthy, then maybe win a few against decent players, then we'll see. Wish her all the best but her fans are delusional at times.
Some predicted 20+ slams for her, so she has to start somewhere..

·
Registered
117 Posts
Apparently since Bianca won today some weird WTA points math is going to put Emma into the top 10 after Wimbledon, and they're all a-flutter over that. That is likely the start of great things in their heads...

·
Registered
119,919 Posts
If anyone dominates it will be Swiatek. But she has to go do it. The 35 straight is history and still going, but to win 25 of her next 28 or something like that is difficult and cant be taken as a given. She has to show she can maintain this advantage on the court against this field

·
Registered
370 Posts
Iga is on an amazing winning streak so very realistic that she will continue to dominate. And withdrawing from 1 tourney doesn't make her an injury risk.
You seem quite deluded or maybe can't read....:unsure:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Iga is on an amazing winning streak so very realistic that she will continue to dominate. And withdrawing from 1 tourney doesn't make her an injury risk.
You seem quite deluded or maybe can't read....:unsure:
I was responding to the Emma related comment in the post quoted below. Perhaps check your own reading comprehension skills.

hopefully Emma so she can silence her haters a bit more again

but am expecting Iga to continue to dominate

·
Registered
508 Posts
Hummm, delusional stans and even some conquered observers to her stamina predicted that, immediately after her USO win ( Navratilova, McEnroe ) . That was last September. Several months later perhaps they realise the physical & mental & stressful rigors of the Tour are kicking in for Emma. She has talent, but she just won't be ready to dominate any time soon. Taken 'DOMINATE' alone as OP asks, no one is in any position to dominate anyway - besides Iga, though we are several to anticipate a less dominating streak this Fall. To dominate, you have to be the best for a long stretch of months - several tournaments. Who's consistent enough besides Iga, and Ons ?

True, Andreescu is coming back, and Haddad Maia is extraordinarly peaking. Even more striking is how the Brazilian is now TF's flavor of the month, and i agree, though swiftly getting ahead of other TF's loved ones slumping right now. Will it last? The 'Predator' instinct of PRESENT times always eclipsing past deeds? Works for some, while others are still naively awaiting a new golden age with their pink nostalgic glasses.

I voted Iga; perhaps none shall dominate this fall though.
I appreciate OP mentioned Leylah - her comeback might be slow in August, but so far nothing indicates she won't be 100% ready for USO and Guadalajara. We'll see. Ons just got a knee injury ( light we hope ); as for Gauff&Anisimova....like Leylah and other promising prospects, too much things they each have to fix before being even steady top 10-12 material. A couple of deep runs here and there sure; they need to build consistency before hoping to reach a dominating streak worthy of mention - in afew years maybe.

Conclusion = could Hadda Maia continues her streak during all North Am swing???

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
But is Iga as good on grass and US hardcourts as on clay and on slower hardcourts? Other players like Bianca and especially Emma might feel more comfortable there..
I mean she also won Doha and that is a faster HC. I am ultimately saying this because she is the most in form and has already proven to be able to truly dominate for a long stretch of the season. Everyone else has too many question marks to be considered. Players like Osaka and Serena are either dealing with injuries or fitness issues and many other talented players have yet to show the ability to dominate a long stretch of a season.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Winning the Sunshine Double wasn’t enough US hardcourt proof for you?

ETA: I guess the USO courts are faster than IW and Miami. But she's still got hardcourt game for sure.

·
Registered
10,300 Posts
Iga will get a ton of votes obviously......she's earned them. second half is 100% hard court.....so while I don't think anyone will "dominate".....I think the OP should rename the thread...."Who will earn most posts in the second half of 2022?"

I have that as follows as the top 5:
1.Andreescu....because it's hard courts and she is playing well
2. Swiatek.....because she is winning on all courts
3. Anisimova....playing very well....big hitting on hard courts
4. Bencic.....very solid year, it has to be said
5. Osaka....you don't win 4 Slams on HC for no reason. If she plays, will do well.

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
I think the OP should rename the thread...."Who will earn most posts in the second half of 2022?"
I like this approach, but problem with it is Wimbledon doesn't grant any points. So we should virtually add them to make a proper evaluation.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts