Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Other? Please specify

Votes: 11 7.9%
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
16,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Consistency seems to be a real thing these days after we've had tons of fluke winners in the biggest tournaments for years. Iga showing the other girls how it is done But it might be questionable if Iga can sustain her high level for another few months. Or maybe not?
So which player will be her successor (if there is any)?
I only included realistic options in the poll but you can name other players too. I did not include Leylah though because of her injury, I don't think we will see a lot from her this year unfortunately.. :sad:

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
hard courts?/

Iga.. duh... several divisions of game and a yet to reach ceiling on top of that... higher than the field

question is .. a new streak to start... or chasing Steffi and Martina's previously thought to be untouchable kind of records.

Reactions: Perun

·
Registered
855 Posts
No certainty that Iga would still dominate, as there are many factors incl. aspects that do not depend on the player (injury, sickness...).

But I don't think any of the other players would be ready to really dominate the second half of 2022 - Serena knew how to do that but her current condition is still a question mark AND she's unlikely to have a full schedule, the others have never dominated and do not look like they've already taken what they'd need to go this path (team and mindset).

Domination of course would mean winning most of the tournaments the player enters, and making deep runs at the others. Not just barely scoring more ranking points than the competition.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
One option missing from the poll is "no one will dominate".

·
Banned
4,770 Posts
hopefully Emma so she can silence her haters a bit more again

but am expecting Iga to continue to dominate

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Haddad Maia's been dominating the tour since the French Open though.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts