Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would say Lindsay D, Serena Williams and Justine H-H. When these players are at the top of their game, its very difficult to stop them because there is a winner off almsot every other ball.

I would consider Venus, but she hasn't played at her best for so long that i sometimes wonder whether it will ever come back :sad:

·
Registered
35,943 Posts
Mary Pierce. Remember back at the FCC in 2000 when she lost 13 games in 5 matches? That included a 6-1 6-1 win over then #5 Monica Seles and a 6-1 6-0 win over then #9 Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario:eek:

·
Banned
2,421 Posts
I agree with Bradshaw. When Mary is on, there's not much you can do to stop her... I still remember her complete demotion of Steff at 94 FO semifinal.

·
Registered
11,117 Posts
Pierce. When she was in the zone, she was arguably the best player.

·
Banned
137 Posts
Now, Lindsay Davenport. Otherwise Martina Hingis, Steffi Graf, and Moncia.
Martina Hingis started to go downhill since 2000, otherwise she could still be number one.
Lindsay Davenport shows consistency. But she chokes at big matches. She is better than people think.

·
Registered
26,220 Posts
Venus Williams, like that Elise woman (commentator on Sky Sports) said, "Nobody does it better than Venus!!!!!"

Serena Williams, Monica Seles, Lindsay Davenport and Hingis.

·
Registered
13,753 Posts
It's definitely Mary. Man, when she was in zone there was NOTHING anyone could do stop her. However, that zone would come to her once in 3 years time.
Also Spirlea had her "zone" moments, but it happened even more rarely.

Also, Patty Schnyder. Completely unpredictable. When she's in zone she's breathtaking and it happens just out of blue. That's why I hate her playing against my faves, because you never know it that's going to be one of her days.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Venus, Serena, and Martina Hingis.

Gosh, imagine playing Martina Hingis on her very best day :scared:.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Serena Williams and Lindsay Davenport. . when they are their best and in the zone. . players really don't have a chance. . Serena looks like she is gonna pounce on you and hits amazing shots no matter where she is on the court. . and lindsay just keeps blasting winner after winner after winner

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Mary Pierce owns this thread and everyone else mentioned in it. I can only assume that anyone who names other players simply hasn't seen Pierce in demolition mode; admittedly this only happened every couple of years even in her heyday, but there were some tournaments where she was completely untouchable. By anyone.

On her way to the RG '94 final, she dropped ten games in six matches, including wins over Graf. Coetzer and McNeil. TEN games in SIX matches. That's an average of less than two games lost per match, including a match against Steffi Graf!

On her way to winning Hilton Head '00, she dropped 12 games in five matches. In her last two rounds - against Sanchez-Vicario and Seles! - she dropped a combined THREE games. And her 6-2 6-1 victory over Serena Williams earlier that year is probably the worst scoreline Serena has ever suffered as a top player.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.