Votes: 28 29.8%
  • other

Votes: 19 20.2%
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not being nasty, I just wish some of the victors would just be more natural and react honestly rather than a fake and staged response.

I like Venus, but the pivet-twirl and twist on one foot is really lame-oh. I like Andre Agassi and enjoy seeing him win, but his kiss the four sides of the crowd thing is bad. I also don't like seeing Serena blow kisses to all four sides. It's just unimaginative to do the same predictable thing every win.

:)

·
Registered
24,237 Posts
i agree, but i wish monica did something other than jog to the net after she whoops someone lol. i think she looked down and walked to the net after saving 7 match pts and beating davenport on indoor hardcourts... where was the celebration??? o well, i love her soo much i guess it's unneeded.

·
49,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Monica used to toss her racket in the air and jump... but ONLY when she won the final of a slam. Doing that in Round 3 of a Tier II, to me, would just make you look stupid.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Seles said:
I'm not being nasty, I just wish some of the victors would just be more natural and react honestly rather than a fake and staged response.

I like Venus, but the pivet-twirl and twist on one foot is really lame-oh. I like Andre Agassi and enjoy seeing him win, but his kiss the four sides of the crowd thing is bad. I also don't like seeing Serena blow kisses to all four sides. It's just unimaginative to do the same predictable thing every win.

:)
how can you not like the twirl!

its part of what makes Venus so great!

·
Registered
24,237 Posts
that's true seles... lol, im laughing thinking about that. i think part of what makes monica so endearing is that she is so humble that to jump all around would not be true to how she is feeling. she probably just feels relieved after winning a close match, but i'd still like a fist pump...

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
Any celebration by Chris Evert sure annoys the hell outta me :mad:

·
49,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I loved the look on Mon's face when she beat Venus 01 Oz QF. She was serious and meant business with that stare back to Mike Sell. Her eyes were fixed and focussed! :)

·
Registered
24,237 Posts
of the venus trirl... it sure beats the hell outa the victory dance she did in 97. yea, i dont think the fans were too fond of that.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
steffi but as result she was insulted incredible bad wich hurt her a lot :mad:

so obvious people want an act :eek:

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
wait the poll changed. steffi's was the best since she didn't laugh when she was not in the mood.

I don't know what's the most lame one is.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
how could anyone not just love Venus' leap when she won Wimbledon for her first slam

she was so happy

i want to get that match just to see that

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I didn't read it right. steffi's one was the best

I don't know what's the most lame one is. andre's is the most discussed even when I don't know why;)

·
Registered
612 Posts
joaco said:
I really deslike Serena's one... I desliked it even more in the past.
I find it more annoying specially when she doesn it before reaching the opponent and shaking hands..... I mean, what's the need? Can't you do it a little bit later??

Joaco
you're right, I guess blowing kisses to the journalists in the conference room during the post match interview would be more appropiate :D

1 - 20 of 62 Posts