Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Shahar Peer

Votes: 9 10.2%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which of these players has the greatest potential to suprise the tennis world with a grand slam victory in paris.. and why?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I guess Mauresmo because of her experience.

In order of probability..........

1. Amelie Mauresmo
2. Venus Williams/Nicole Vaidisova
4. Shahar Peer
5. Nicole Vaidisova
6. Elena Dementieva
7. Anna Chakvetadze
8. Daniela Hantuchova

·
Registered
12,384 Posts
the players with the games (atm) to win RG are: Vaidisova, Mauresmo, Schnyder.

But these 3 players are mentally weak and I wouldn't bet on them in a tight situation in the later rounds of RG. Especially Mauresmo and Schnyder! Vaidisova is still unproven and she tends to lose her temper very easily and she hasn't played all clay season.

So I voted for the only past champions who have had decent success @ RG. Venus Williams & Elena Dementieva.

·
Gone with the Wind fabulous!
8,399 Posts
None of these! But if I had to trust someone with my life, I'd go with Venus only because she is a champion. The rest aren't, except Mauresmo, who is a total joke at RG.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
My first pick of these would be Venus b/c she's won a major out of nowhere before, though that one was on her best surface...

2nd pick would be Amelie, she probably has the best game to do it, but lack of practice and pressures of home crowd will probably prove to be too much..

Dementieva/Schnyder both are capable of playing well enough to do it, but probably don't have the mentality to get the job done(more patty than elena)

·
Registered
18,940 Posts
Venus - because she's a champion.

Next up is Amelie but we all know what happens at RG :tape:

·
Registered
315 Posts
obviously vaidisova seeing her run last year. On a good day she can cause an uppset or 2, but not over the elite best: Henin and Serena when they are on top of their game.

So she has a chance if someone else eliminiate those players for her or if they are injured which is not impropable, so I voted Nicole.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
It would be very weird to see Amelie winning RG. Imagine she'll beat Serena and Justine. That would be quite entertaining. But I don't think it'll happen.

·
Registered
10,890 Posts
The poll question should have been: "which player has any chance in hell to win roland garros?" :)

I voted Mauresmo. She has the game and is a great clay court player at other events. But I wouldn't bet on her, esp. this year.

·
Banned
1,679 Posts
Nicole

1 - 20 of 26 Posts