Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to reserve my opinion on this one yet as I'm having a mixed feeling.

Reactions: Williams Rulez

·
Registered
182 Posts
Good question. I would personally go for Hingis. Even tho Monica would be a great boost she wouldnt prob be around for that long bless her. I don't know how much impact kournikova would have a second time around. I suppose the best thing would be for them all to come back. ;-)

·
Registered
424 Posts
I would choose HINGIS, of course. She spiced things up also off the course. My second choice would be Kournikova. But the best ever combination would be Hingis and Kournikova.

·
Registered
729 Posts
all of them

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I would pick Hingis anytime.

I always wonder what would it be like if Martina came back and just as strong at her peak. She could teach everyone a lesson or two.

Monica is cool but the present tour might be a bit too much for her.

Never found Anna beautiful like the media tried to portrait her to be nor she is so talented that we need her back. Beside, there are so many even better looking players out there.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I would say Kournikova because she did not achieved what she deserved to... she is still young and she really is a good player...the Kournikova of 1999 could challenge Myskina, Dementieva, Kuznetsova, Mauresmo, Davenport....

My second choice would be Hingis because i miss her beautiful game

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
I would go for SELES... cos she's not only the sentimental fav of fans all over the world, she's also an inspiration to the players themselves, for e.g. Serena always says she can learn from Seles' never-say-die attitude etc

·
Banned
2,421 Posts
This is about how much WTA would benefit from their comebacks right? Then, it's Anna Kournikova hands down. I don't think Monica's comeback would do much good to the popularity of the tour as she isn't that well known nor popular among the general public that of course includes non-tennis fans while Ann is recognized by practically anyone whether they are tennis fans or not and thus really her comeback would boost the tour's popularity immensely. The same thing as Monica's case goes about Hingis' comeback. I mean, her presence on the tour would make the tour so much more interesting and exciting but then when it comes to selling tickets, I don't think her presence would play much of a part comepared to the absence of Anna K or the Williams sisters, who seem to draw attnetion not just from tennis fans but from casual sports fans. So, in my opinion Anna should be the one WTA want the most badly out of the three.

·
Registered
24,240 Posts
Saint Seiya said:
This is about how much WTA would benefit from their comebacks right? Then, it's Anna Kournikova hands down. I don't think Monica's comeback would do much good to the popularity of the tour as she isn't that well known nor popular among the general public that of course includes non-tennis fans while Ann is recognized by practically anyone whether they are tennis fans or not and thus really her comeback would boost the tour's popularity immensely. The same thing as Monica's case goes about Hingis' comeback. I mean, her presence on the tour would make the tour so much more interesting and exciting but then when it comes to selling tickets, I don't think her presence would play much of a part comepared to the absence of Anna K or the Williams sisters, who seem to draw attnetion not just from tennis fans but from casual sports fans. So, in my opinion Anna should be the one WTA want the most badly out of the three.
you're right in a lot of ways, but don't kid yourself into thinking the general public is oblivious to monica. her q scores have always been as good or better than even agassi's :eek:

·
Registered
24,240 Posts
i'd say anna or hingis because they have so many years in front of them to better the tour. if monica comes back, it's only for a short while even if she starts playing well. i personally want monica back the most, and she's still a draw on the tour, but so are the other 2 we're talking about and they're younger.

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
Probably Martina.

As a Seles fan(atic) I realize that her glory days were stripped from her are past her. She has nothing left to accomplish. Of course I'd love to see her back most of all.

I just have this overwhelming feeilng that Hingis isn't done for good yet. Maybe a Spice Girls doubles reunion, I dunno. I just feel that she has something left to give and is so young that she has time to actually do it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts