Tennis Forum banner

Which player do you miss more..Hingis or Graf?

• Martina Hingis

Votes: 80 57.6%
  • Steffi Graf

Votes: 59 42.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't miss Steffi but i DO miss Marti loads!! :sad:

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
ohhhhh, nice poll;) i miss Hingis more

Reactions: Hoon

·
Premium Member
20,681 Posts
i miss Hingis more REASON is she was my favourite player... and not only that.. Graf was around for a long long long time and i got to see her plenty of times whereas with Hingis she hasn`t played really aslong as she could have.

Miss u HINGIS!

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
I missed Steffi when she retired cos... She was Steffi! And she had nice hair.

And for a long time I didn't like Martina (cos of the steffi thing) but then in about 2001 I liked her and... It sucks that she stopped. She was a character and a pleasure to watch.

So... It's hard but I miss Martina more. Steffi had done it all and had been around for years and years... I feel Martina had more to contribute to my tennis enjoyment. *translated into... Diva thinks Martina's hot*

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I miss Hingis more cos unfortunately, she falls into the Monica category of "we'll never know". She just ended abruptly. And to think she was hardly injured.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I miss them both. Steffi always found a way to win, no nonsense. You never doubted her resolve. She could put someone in her place like no other player. She never made excuses either, unlike many of today. If she lost, she lost, no poor-mouthing, Steffi almost always respected the winning opponent. I can think of about two times in her whole career when she was a bitter loser. Today, I can think of about twice each this year for most of the top women where they dismissed the loss. It was a very different generation.

I liked Hingis' arrogance and smart mouth. She also ripped tons of chicks too, mostly easily. She was great to watch. It is what all the top players think, only she was open about it. When she was in her prime, all that arrogance was deserved. She could slice and dice anyone, and it was usually easy.

Those women were great. I miss them both.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Steffi

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
Slightly silly question, if it was a serious one. Don't mean to be rude :)

Steffi had a full career, with 22 slams, including being victor in her last but one.

With each slam that goes by, and each birthday nears, there is a feeling that Hingis is missing out, wasting her prime - and should be playing!!!

So that's an easy answer, really - we all MISS Hingis.

However, we CHERISH Steffi, as we do Navratilova, Evert, Sanchez-Vicario....and soon, Seles.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
good call steffica...i didn't thought about it that way ..but i'm prettu sure that Marti will be back...maybe next year or in 2-3-4-......years...but she will be back!!

*dreams on* hehe

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
me either....without a doubt...Graf

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Alley said:
For sure Graf. :) The only thing I miss about Hingis is seeing her get destroyed by the power players.
:devil:

Reactions: Hoon

·
Registered
589 Posts
I used to not like Martina Hingis.... but somehow I feel sorry for her being forced to retire due to ongoing injury!!! And now I do miss her a bit on the tour... coz' she brings a game other than the powerful stuff...

I do miss Steffi a lot on tour though!!! But she retired at the very right moment (after achieveing her last Grand Slam title at French Open 1999 and reached the final at Wimbledon 1999).... We'll all remember her glory days.... Also, knowing her having a fantastic family life now..... I am very happy!!!

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I miss both, but since Hingis most recently retired, I suppose I miss her more at this point.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts