Tennis Forum banner

Which slam victory has the easiest draw for the winner?

• Emma Raducanu US OPEN '21

Votes: 90 46.6%
  • Barbora Krejcikova French OPEN '21

Votes: 12 6.2%
  • Bianca Andreescu US OPEN '21

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sofia Kenin AU OPEN

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Sloane Stephens

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Jelena Ostapenko

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Carolina Wozniacki

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • Marion Bartoli

Votes: 46 23.8%
  • Francesca Schiavone

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Flavia Pennetta

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • Iva Majoli

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Anastasia Myskina

• Iga Swiatek

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Ana Ivanovic

• Jana Novatna

• Sam Stosur

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have designed an ultra sensitive fluk-o-meter in my mega scientific Wta tennis research center and cultural studies . I graded the difficulty level of the matches played by each slam winner that i remember. Here i share my findings:

Rectangle Font Screenshot Technology Parallel

Green Font Rectangle Screenshot Slope

Rectangle Font Handwriting Slope Parallel

Green Rectangle Line Font Slope

Green Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel

Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Circle

Font Screenshot Rectangle Slope Number

Plant Font Rectangle Slope Screenshot

Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Screenshot

Result: Bartoli`s Wimbledon Title is the flukest slam win ever!!

Attachments

·
Art & Futures
23,271 Posts
Water Sky Boat Smile Watercraft

Reactions: opionic

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn, one false click to enter shouldn't have had this level drastic results. the poll looks horrible and cannot be edited!

·
Registered
Henin, Radwanska, Hingis Court, Navratilova, Lisicki, Osaka, Kenin, Halep, Vinci.
425 Posts
Emma had the hardest of all time; only bitter, jealous will vote for her. She beat ten opponents and won eleven straight games against Rogers who just demolished Fernandez. It's a disgrace that Raducanu is even in the poll. The answer is Andreescu, the vulture of all vultures.

·
Registered
9,871 Posts
Emma had the hardest of all time; only bitter, jealous will vote for her. She beat ten opponents and won eleven straight games against Rogers who just demolished Fernandez. It's a disgrace that Raducanu is even in the poll. The answer is Andreescu, the vulture of all vultures.
Andreescu beat the Goat in the final

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I forgot how average the field was that Bartoli beat.

And please don’t remind us of how Jana Fett failed to save tennis. 😪
She should play the goodbye match with Woz.

·
Registered
117,747 Posts
Bartoli. To play Flipkens and Lisicki in the 2 highest pressure matches is a joke
2nd is Krejcikova playing Sakkari and Pavs
Stephens playing 37 year old then Keys

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Could u please grade her run? here is the chart!

Product Font Rectangle Material property Screenshot

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I forgot how average the field was that Bartoli beat.

And please don’t remind us of how Jana Fett failed to save tennis. 😪
Giorgi, Flipkens, grass goat Lisicki. Also Bartoli reached Wimbledon final losing to peak Venus earlier. S not a fluke.
Imo, Raducanu gets my vote. Easy.

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Svitolina hasn't won a slam dude.....just saying. ;)

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Let it go dude....most folks on here (including me) like Emma a lot. Don't get so easily triggered by @opionic simply for putting up a well thought out analytical device to break down difficulty of slam runs. Well done partner....good job. The conclusion I believe here is that Emma's run was the least "fluky" of those he put up? Don't know what you are arguing about here.o_O As for Andreescu's run? she beat 4 seeds I believe....#19 Wozniacki, #25 Mertens, #13 Bencic and #8 Serena? Not a bad group. Not her fault #3 Halep choked against Townsend.....this HAS happened on occasion ya know.:rolleyes:. Let's see what Emma does next year. Anyway dude....be good.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Raducanu had the easiest opponents but because of her own ranking and having to go through qualies it was amazing achievement.
Still if you only look at her opponents without taking into account everything else then she had the easiest ones.
This is spot on. It was a remarkable achievement, and made possible by tremendous fortune from a mallow-soft draw.

Both statements are true, and it's dispiriting how many people don't believe both can be true.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Oh, and for the record, Bartoli and then Raducanu had the easiest "paths".

But Myskina's is the flukiest since the end of the Aussie-French "Major In Name Only" era. Her major record is among the weakest (Majoli I think is the only other player without at least another major semifinal) and, unlike Majoli, Myskina was trash at the French Open outside of her lone win.

Ostapenko is in with a shout, because her major record aside from the title run is arguably poorer (fewer QFs, lone 'edge' is a single major SF) and her results at the French are atrocious. I wouldn't be surprised if Ostapenko ends her career with a losing record at the French Open.

But both of them beat legit fields to win their titles, so....not relevant to this thread.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts