Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just watching the final of this tournament where Lindsay won 6-2, 6-0, hope she can repeat it this year. And I remember there were some of you guys, some shirtless, a blond girl, and you had a poster or something. You were cheering Lindsay SO much, she refered to you in the end when she was asked. She said something like "Oh Yes, they are great!". :bounce: :bounce: :worship:
Just wanted to know who were the ones.... must've been an amazing moment.

And just another q. Which of you have seen Lindsay play live? I know Jan went to the Oz Open 2000 final (i think) and Vale went to the Italian Open. I hope that I can see her play someday!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Joaco

·
Banned
3,072 Posts
I've never seen her play live yet :sad:........but I go to Wimbledon 2 weeks on saturday - which means, drum role please............

.......................it will be the day of the Womens 4th round!

I'll be on court 1 - so there's at least half a chance that I will see Lindsay play :bounce:

I'll hopefully catch her round the grounds - because I won't be close to the court to lean over for autographs :sad: Unless I go on an adventure and climb over railings, jumping over walls, sprinting down steps

........breaking my neck :eek: and ending up in Accident and Emergancy.....

And after all that - I might just end up leaving with a plaster on my nose :eek:

Maybe it's safer not to be so adventurous :rolleyes:

-Rachel :)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,053 Posts
I saw her QF match live.

Wish I was going this year but I have exams.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I saw Lindsay there in 1996. I also went 1997, 1998 and 1999 but have not been since. Would love to go again, its a super tournament. Have a good time to all those who are going and give Lindsay a big cheer from me.

:worship:

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rachel, you SHOULD be adventurous. That's the best part of it... I'll tell you 100 % sure that you'll have the very best memories and besides if not you will always have present in your mind the "what if". So you should go for it, if you can't do it, well it wasn't mean to be, but if not you'll have a great chance! Besides you're never to old to something like that :eek:
Once I got myself in the V.I.P of the Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis. A friend of mine had got me some seats next to the "Official Box Seats", and the only way to get to them was by coming up a stairs that lead to the VIP room, OR jump over the 1.50m gate that sorrounded the official seats :devil: And well... that was what I did. In the VIP room I found Gaby Sabatini, Diego Maradona and all the Argentina's Davis Cup team. It was HILARIOUS! I had the best 5 minutes ever! LOL I did not request any autograph (cause I was an important person in there :eek: ;)) but it was so funny. When I got out of there, there was this bar separating people from the VIP place and they were all shouting and stuff and trying to get authographs from people, and I was like "HEHE :kiss: :eek: "

Joaco :bounce:

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
wow Joaco,great experience!I was adventurous and brave like u,last year in Roland Garros for Davis Cup semifinal France vs Usa.I entered at the draw,without a "pass" and without an "invitation"...i was scared that they could have pulled me off but i was very quiet there so they didnt notice me.it was ONLY the 2 teams,then journalists and some VIPs plus...ME! LOL Grosjean said me "bonjour",he mixed me with an other for sure :p and all french players smiled to me,Roddick was at 1 mt from me and also Courier and others.I took pix ;)
an other day I went to players's hotel stalking them...i got few autographs and pix!
so Rachel,i advise u to stalk Lindsay and anyone u like cos if u dont do it,one day u could regret! ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts