• RG´03.Bagelling Clijsters,first GS ever

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • USO´03.Defeating Clijsters again,who was nº1 and getting closer to the nº1

• AO´04,another win over Clijsters,only AO won so far

• RG´05,beatdown over Pierce(1 & 1) in the Championship Match

• RG´06,defeating Kuznetsova in final,Clijsters in semis,won without a set dropped

• Fed Cup won against Russia in 01(2-1),bagelled Petrova and giving BEL the 1st pt

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Who knows where the time goes
22,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been done before...I though it would be interesting to know what you people think.At first,I though only about GS but since a poll lets 10 options I said to me:why don´t put the Gold Medal,the Fed or the YECs?There are not GS but they´re the closest to it.So vote and discuss :)

Mine is USO 07.GOAT and wonderful tennis two weeks long,without losing a set,and defeating the Williams in a row,in their home,giving Serena a breadstick and defeating Venus in one of the best matches ever IMO :devil: .Justine the only who has defeated the WS in a row(QF,SF) in USA,altough Kim did defeat them two but between Venus and Serena she had to defeat Li...

The two YECs(esp 07) are close to the US0´07.I wish I was older so maybe I would have come to Madrid...:sad:

Your thoughs? :)

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Agree that US) 07 is GOAT. But I am very sentimental so for me it's Wm 01 SF against Capriati. It was love at first sight. Never watch any particular player before. But after that SF, I tried to watch everyone of Justine's game whenever and wherever possible.

:worship::worship::worship:

·
Banned
271 Posts
USO 2007. Without a shadow of a doubt. It is the most difficult slam to win without dropping a set in both men's and women's game. Justine's performance wasn't dominant. It was downright frightening.

Edit: By the way, the SF Olympic comeback was incredible too and easily my second pick. Justine fought so hard and Myskina self destructed under pressure. It was beautiful and nerve wrecking to watch.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i think a lot of us put in our votes in the other thread: 'best moments of justine first career'.

i really like:

USO 2003 against capriati - ju was so stubborn not getting a trainer, so stubborn of not willing to go down 11 times, made incredible points on lobs and drop shots and power mix. and under so much pressure from the US crowd, hostile really until she quieted them down with her absolute brilliance. the first time really to prove that she was not just a claycourt player and she was going to stay on top of the tour.

USO 2007 against venus because ju had always been intimitated by venus, and i think it meant more to beat venus than to beat serena. she played almost a perfect match and incredible defense and offense. the whole 2 weeks, there was no way to break her, she was just too good. painted the lines, retrieved from corners to corners, power and variety. she was like a robot, she couldn't make mistakes at all. she was even serving faster balls than venus... imagine that.

2005 QF RG against sharapova, while ju lost her first match against pova in miami earlier, this one was just masterly done by ju on clay. it's amazing to see a 5'5 manuvuring the 6'2 moving her side to side.

as much as i love the drama of the olympics against myskina, ju was really lucky in that match. failing to serve our in 2nd set 5-4, and the opponent just slowly but surely faltered in 3rd. great comeback of justine, but really it's more of myskina's failure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts