Tennis Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think after the big babes exits the tennis scene, these players will be next to dominate women's tennis:

Samantha Stosur
Alicia Molik

Vera Zvonareva
Elena Bovina
Maria Sharapova

·
Registered
25,212 Posts
None of them. (You did say 'dominate'.)

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
'Dominate' as in a la Williams/Belgians domination.

·
Registered
838 Posts
.:disclaimer:. said:
I think after the big babes exits the tennis scene, these players will be next to dominate women's tennis:

Samantha Stosur
Alicia Molik

Vera Zvonareva
Elena Bovina
Maria Sharapova
What are you talking about ? Serena, Justine and Kim are barely older than these girls (eg. Kim is only one year older than Vera).

Maria is four years younger than Kim, but has as yet done nothing to prove she can win against the best players (headcase Dokic is not a good example - Dokic can barely win a match).

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nah. Never mind.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
The most likely is Sharapova (i don't think the others stand a chance to dominate).
But even Sharapova won't dominate as the Belgians or Williams , i think

·
Premium Member
20,681 Posts
give sharapova 3-4 years and we will see her easily in top 10 and bovina a year or 2 and she'll b in top 10 aswell

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
molik is basically the williams sisters age she was born in 1981 which makes her 22.

stosur was born in 1984 making her 19 this year. so although she has a lot of talent she is to old to dominate after the belgians and williams sisters because she is pretty much their age.

zvonareva is 18 i think and won't have much of a chance to dominate, maybe a year.

i think bovina is 20 this year so she's as old as kim.

sharapova, well i don't know if she'll dominate because she'll be too far gone by the time the others go althouogh she could still have one or 2 good years left in her to dominate. but i think she is likely to be a grand slam winner while the belgians and williams sisters are still playing.

others i think maybe douchevina has a shot but a slim one.

i think krajicek is a likely bet for domination because she has the game and is a couple of years younger than sharapova which means she'll basically be starting to play great as the williams' and belgians end their careers.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Gowza said:
molik is basically the williams sisters age she was born in 1981 which makes her 22.

stosur was born in 1984 making her 19 this year. so although she has a lot of talent she is to old to dominate after the belgians and williams sisters because she is pretty much their age.

zvonareva is 18 i think and won't have much of a chance to dominate, maybe a year.

i think bovina is 20 this year so she's as old as kim.

sharapova, well i don't know if she'll dominate because she'll be too far gone by the time the others go althouogh she could still have one or 2 good years left in her to dominate. but i think she is likely to be a grand slam winner while the belgians and williams sisters are still playing.

others i think maybe douchevina has a shot but a slim one.

i think krajicek is a likely bet for domination because she has the game and is a couple of years younger than sharapova which means she'll basically be starting to play great as the williams' and belgians end their careers.
Justine always talks about playing at least until she is 30 or more. So don't count on Justine ending her career (which you don't) within the next few years. Kim is another matter. Her "mad" father always talks about Kim stopping within three years (eg. in order to make some small Kimmetjes), but already Kim has said that three years is way to short a period to be talking about stopping with tennis. We have to be realistic. Kim absolutely adores the circuit. She loves tennis and the tennis players. It wouldn't surprise me if she outlasts all the other players.

BTW : Krajicek is way too young to be certain of anything. She is now 14 years old. Kim played the junior final of Wimbledon when she was 15. I will be interested if Michaella reaches a slam final next year. It seems to have become a lot more difficult for the younger juniors (Belgian junior Wimbledon 2003 Champion Kirsten Flipkens is already 17). Douchevina won last year at Wimbledon, but still hasn't produced something to show she has the potential to become a top 5 player.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
rikvanlooy, krajicek did reach the semis of her first junior grand slam so she looks promising but she is really the only junior that at the moment looks like she could be as good as or better than the williams sisters.

douchevina hasn't played much, she did reach the 3rd round of miami i thihnk she qualified for that as well and she was up 3-0 against justine in that match. vera d hasn't had much success on the challenger circuit, i think she is a bit inconsistent but i've heard that she is more talented than vera z and sveta k and vera z is already in the top 16. but you are right that krajicek is too young and that douchevina hasn't really show top 5 potential. but they are the leading prospects imo. i guess lisjak who i think is 16 may become a good player as she had that good run this year but otherewise there aren't many players to show they have top potential.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I don't think I can determine what I think about Sharapova this soon. She looked promising, but wasn't playing against the toughest of opponents

·
Registered
25,079 Posts
Would it really be fair to call the Belgians "dominant"?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well, they have reached the semifinals (or better) of the last three Slams. After the top tier of Venus/Serena they definitely are the most dominant

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
All of them are too old to really have a chance to dominate, except for Sharapova. When the Williams sisters were their age they were already winning Slams. When they were Sharapovas age they were already winning tournaments.
I think you need to look for someone younger if you wish to find the one who will next dominate.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts