Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those who PLAy tennis..Which is your most favorite serve to hit??Serve that you can hit and many times you surprise yourself seeing how well it went...

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ill start with mine..My most fav serve is slice serve from ad court down at T moving away from body of opponent...Its soo effective this serve..But I can not serve wide on backhand sadly..Either body serve or down T...

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jen&RobbyFan said:
from the deuce side, slice with a lot of angle to open up the court.. its amazing how it works lol
Do you throw ball to your right a lil bit to hit that serve???Coz my ball toss is extremely straight and I always have problems giving spin to the serves..

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jen&RobbyFan said:
yeah i throw it to the right and i imagine peeling the ball with my racket, like an orange lol
LOl okay..Somehow I hit the slice serve on ad court perfectly but dunno how to slice it for deuce court...Plus i get really uncomfy if toss is not straight...Also can someone tell me how to hit serve from deuce court wide into backhand??

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I dont have any second serve..So do throw in many DFs but its pretty okay when it goes in...

·
Banned
187 Posts
Mightymirza said:
Well I dont have any second serve..So do throw in many DFs but its pretty okay when it goes in...
Have you ever witnessed **Happy Gilmore** playing golf? Now equate his golf swing to my serve LOL

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Mightymirza said:
Ill start with mine..My most fav serve is slice serve from ad court down at T moving away from body of opponent...Its soo effective this serve..But I can not serve wide on backhand sadly..Either body serve or down T...
That is my favourite serve. The one Lindsay hits SOOOO WELL. And I feel I'm not taking that much of a risk when hitting it.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PattyFan said:
Have you ever witnessed **Happy Gilmore** playing golf? Now equate his golf swing to my serve LOL
havnt seen it but I still get the idea..But hey u no my serve was like that too..But things change..You never know when u start hitting aces...

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
joaco said:
That is my favourite serve. The one Lindsay hits SOOOO WELL. And I feel I'm not taking that much of a risk when hitting it.
Somehow I feel i serve much better on breakpoints..Maybe its just mental thing but once i did 3 dfs 0 40 and then hit 3 really amazing serves..Really I dunno where they came from..But yeah the slice serve from ad court is my fav tho...I wish i cud hit kick serves once in a while..But i have no idea how..

·
Banned
187 Posts
Mightymirza said:
havnt seen it but I still get the idea..But hey u no my serve was like that too..But things change..You never know when u start hitting aces...
I keep trying and practising but I dont improve at all

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
My fav serve is the one down the centre on the ad side with slice that keeps going away from the returner. Lindsay and Serena are class at this :bigclap:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
My favourite serve is the one that gets in. No seriously it's not that bad but it's still light years away from the rest of my game. That is why I have a soft spot for people like Dementieva and Dokic lol

Reactions: esquímaux

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,732 Posts
Keep in mind I'm left handed first of all.

My favorite serve is on the deuce side, I hit a flat serve out wide really well.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts