Votes: 22 23.7%
  • ANNA K will win 1 Tier IV or V title

Votes: 11 11.8%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My first choice is Hingis winning one GS title.
However, my second choice is ANNA winning a lower Teir event.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I think it's more likely that Anna K. will finally win a title. I'm almost sure of it, if she can avoid the top players.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I'm banking on Venus winning the French and Wimbledon ... and maybe even the US Open. Deira is feeling real good today :bounce: :kiss: :bounce:

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
I think Venus is a sure bet to win a slam.

Hingis probably will too.

Anna K will almost certainly win a title, but I don't think it'll be a Tier 4/5. She always plays much better at the bigger events. I think she'll suprise everyone and win a Tier 1 or 2.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
My thoughts are Jennifer and Venus will spilt the slams again. I think Jennifer will take US. But it is so far away, who knows!!!

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
None of those things are LIKELY.

Serena winning one, and Jenn winning two are most likely. (Jenn of course, only has to win one more.)

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
In order of which is most likely to happen (disclaimer: In My *Bullshit* Opinion):

1. ANNA K will win 1 Tier IV or V title

2.SERENA will win 1 Grand Slam title

3. Capriati will win 2 Grand Slam titles

4. Hingis will win 1 Grand Slam title

5. Seles will win 1 Grand Slam title

6. VENUS will win 2 Grand Slam titles

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm, there were some interesting responses, but in sticking within the limits of the poll, I made my selection based on the following reasons:

1. Hingis came way to close to winning Oz, to be stopped by the heat, for me to think that she can not get in and win a slam final this year.

2. Monica will win some Tier I titles, but there is just an over abundance of young heavy hitters for this great veteran to go through in a GS final this year.

3. Odly enough, I think that SERENA may have a better chance at RG than her sister, but VENUS is the mistress of the fast courts and between sis and Cappy, SERENA may be left out of winning one of the final two slams once more.

4. Capriati was very fortunate to win Oz. Roland Garros will be very competitive with Dokic, Mauresmo, Monica and VENUS all playing well for Jenn to do it again. Wimbey and the U.S. Open will bring VENUS in her full stride with Dokic, Clijsters and SERENA right behind her, making it real tough for the young Mafioso, who generally slows down in the summer, to come out ahead.

5. VENUS should win either Roland Garos, Wimbey or the Open, but the early season injuries makes me doubtful of her doing a double again this year. But, no one thought the Goddess of Tennis could do a double in 2000, yet she did it then and once more in 2001, so I could, hopefully, be wrong on this estimation of her GS count for 2002 as well.

6. How much longer can ANNA dodge getting that win. She has the talent, will and seems to be in good shape, so, the odds seem way to good for the Rocket to claim at least one Tier IV or V title in 2002.

Those are my thoughts at this time, tennis fans. :angel:

·
Miss Verstand
16,531 Posts
Hingis will win one GS title

·
Team WTAworld, The Martian Llama
20,264 Posts
I went for Martina to win a Grand Slam, because I'm convinced she's going to win at Roland Garros :)

I do think as well that Venus will definitely win a Slam though and that Anna will win a title, but I agree with Saki, it'll be a Tier 1 or 2 event and not a 4 or a 5 because it's less pressure at the top events for her. Anna will only get better and better during the year and the only reason why she hasn't gone even further in tournaments this year, is because she's had to come up against top 10 players every event, except Auckland.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Volcana - That's why I said which is MOST likely to occur.

* Tee walks away muttering, "I don't know WHAT they teach them in school now days." * :wavey:

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
I picked Venus to win two - though I can see anything on that list happening - I just can't see anyone taking out Venus on grass. And she has a reasonable chance at Roland Garros, and an even better chance at the US Open.

I can also see jenny winning 2 slams - but if I had to pick between her and Venus, I guess I picked Venus.

Hingis is my hope for Roland Garros though :)

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Martina will win the French Open!!!!!!! :D:D:D :cool:

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
One thing will almost surely not happen in 2002 is Anna winning Tier IV or Tier V, simply because she won't be playing any more of those. Just look at the schedule.

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Martina will win 2 slams/Anna will win a tourney

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I picked Venus winning 2 slams, because she's already done it twice, and I don't see any reason why it can't happen again (barring injury).

Martina was close, to winning in Oz, but she couldn't finish the job. I don't see her coming that close for the rest of the year.

Anna has been in the position already of having an opportunity to win a title, and got beat by Smashnova. Not saying that it can't happen, and I actually hope it does, but I'm not holding my breath.

Serena--great player, but who knows?

If Cappy gets the right draw (see Oz) anything can happen.

If Monica improves her fitness (and her scheduling) she has a chance to win a slam.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts