Tennis Forum banner

Which clothing sponsor do you think produces the best tennis outifts?

• Nike

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Adidas

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Fila

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • New Balance

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Yonex

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Eleven

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • Other

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Lacoste

Votes: 6 7.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The market of clothing sponsors has evolved significantly, with the emergence of numerous smaller brands. Brands like Hydrogen are sponsoring a few male players. However, Nike and Adidas still hold a majority of market share, in terms of sponsoring top players. For instance, Nike sponsors the following top players; Serena Williams, Naomi Osaka, Simona Halep, Elina Svitolina, Bianca Andreescu, Madison Keys, the list goes on. Players like Serena and Naomi usually have a custom made outfit for them.
Compared to Adidas, which sponsors; Angie Kerber, Garbine Muguruza. Maria Sakkari and Jelena Ostapneko etc.

Im curious, which brands to do you think produces the best looking outfits (in terms of style and creativity)
Personally, Nike has released many bold looks throughout the years with that fluro line at the AO a few years, ago and the pink and black for the men, which is forever etched in my mind. I think Adidas is slightly better which more classic styles and better use of colours and prints (excluding their zebra patterning outfits at the FO a few years back).
I'm a fan of many outfits which Yonex has produced (worn by players such as Dayana Yastremska) and New Balance also has some pretty dresses and skirts, like the one worn by Coco at the US Open this year.
Fila is quite predictable with its red, white and blue variations, waiting for something different from them, particularity with top players like Ash Barty, Karolina Pliskova, Sofia Kenin and Kiki Bertens sporting their apparel.

Meanwhile, Venus' Eleven has not really brought anything eye catching out since 2017 (her AO and US Open outfits were so pretty and unique) . Recently, there have been alot of more netura tones being featured, lots of halter necks and the occasional pop of colour/spaghetti strap dress. The brand was quite traditonal in the late 2000's then very risque in 2010-12 (some eye popping outfits and nude coloured undergarments from Vee!), then back to somewhat conservative.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Pironetic? I liked her outfit for NY. Lets see what she brings for Paris.

·
Registered
37,404 Posts
I love Lacoste's outfits for Kontaveit and Pavs, especially Kontaveit's AO dress. Simple but really nice, the colour schemes also work really well. They've definitely improved from a few years ago, I think they're much nicer than what Cibulkova had to wear.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Lacoste for men 100% . I loved Medvedev’s Cinci look . The best when it comes to women ? I don’t know. They all throw in some ugly clothes here and there .i really liked what Woz was wearing usually . Her red Easbourne dress and her Pink and gray dress at Auckland were great .

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lacoste for men 100% . I loved Medvedev’s Cinci look . The best when it comes to women ? I don’t know. They all throw in some ugly clothes here and there .i really liked what Woz was wearing usually . Her red Easbourne dress and her Pink and gray dress at Auckland were great .
Yes, also forgot to mention Lacoste. Just added it to the poll.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
If she still designs her clothes for Camila ,Mrs Giorgi.:p

To be brutally honest, there is a distinct lack of idea in colour in particular with all companies.

I'm not really sure who wear's which designer, but Pera looked great yesterday, and i find Karolina Pliskova's outfits quite flattering.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If she still designs her clothes for Camila ,Mrs Giorgi.:p

To be brutally honest, there is a distinct lack of idea in colour in particular with all companies.

I'm not really sure who wear's which designer, but Pera looked great yesterday, and i find Karolina Pliskova's outfits quite flattering.
Love the outfits worn by Camila, I was literally just reading about how her mum designs her outfits, so cool!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Adidas and New Balance for me.

Fila is too repetitive i feel, while Nike only brings nice outfits for RG.

·
Registered
15,407 Posts
  • New Balance, for modern look
  • Fila in terms of classics
NB outfits are often in good colour combinations and hues. And also they integrate horizontal stripes a lot (I love that — which means I hate Nike and to a lesser extent Adidas, cause they generally avoid horizontal stripes like a plague. They obviously prioritize not the athletes' body but fat ass consumers who will never buy anything striped unless it's vertical... which by the way I also happen to like, hence Fila

·
Registered
693 Posts
Fila it is for me. I like that classic fancy look.

Adidas comes with nice gear as well.
That’s a good look. I always forget Kiki is with Fila . The problem is we have Ash and Kenin with bad kits all the time . Maybe it’s because it doesn’t fit them ?

·
Registered
8,478 Posts
That’s a good look. I always forget Kiki is with Fila . The problem is we have Ash and Kenin with bad kits all the time . Maybe it’s because it doesn’t fit them ?
That is certainly possible. There are so many body types on tour. Not all outfits fit with all bodytypes. I always like Simona's tight fitting outfits but that definitely won't be good looking on all players.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts