Tennis Forum banner

BACKhand

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
13,125 Posts
One hander. I used to hit both hands of both sides but then i switched my forehand and found it too hard to keep the double backhand. Its not the weapon it was but its much better for dictating play in the sense that I can put my slice anywhere and its still a fine shot flat.

·
Premium Member
28,024 Posts
I started with two handed backhand now I´m slicing almost every backhand (sth like Vinci)

·
Banned
1,630 Posts
I hit a topspin 1 handed backhand and 1 handed slice as well.

I was actually taught a 2 handed backhand but I just couldn't hit the shot well. My coach had me hit a 1 hander one day and I was much better at it. From that day I started using a 1 handed backhand.
I love hitting this shot. it is my favourite shot to hit and I hit it very well.

·
Premium Member
62,277 Posts
two handed topspin, one handed slice

·
Registered
34,123 Posts
I use 2 handed backhand, but my forehand is alot better. i have more problems controlling my backhand. :D

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,402 Posts
2 handed - I learned tennis on my own, without lessons or coaching etc...The backhand was the first shot I really learned to hit well, and it came quite easily. My favourite player was Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario, and I always loved her backhand too :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use a two-handed because I love the feel of it. I would hit two handed forehands if I could :D I love the control and power I feel I can get from them.

Occasionally I find myself hitting a one-hander on the fly, but its just a reflex shot. If I need the extra reach I might use it.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
2 handed top spin and 1 handed slice

i started playing with no instruction whatsoever and i tried to hit topspin and slice with one hand and the results were generally disastrous. then i got some lessons and tried the two hander... now it's way more consistent than my forehand and i've improved the slice so there's variety on that side. my forehand is all over the place though :sobbing:

1 - 20 of 98 Posts