Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this idea from another forum and thought it was interesting.

If you were the #1 recruit in the country and essentially had your pick of schools, what 5 schools would you take official visits to? (i.e. list in order your top 5 preferences of schools:)) Explanations would be welcomed.

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
I dream about being a D-I player :haha: probably because my school only has a women's team (University of Cincinnati)

I would pick
1. Ohio State- My family is in Ohio and they have an exceptional program and it would just be ideal for me with the mix of family and academics, as well as tennis.
2. Stanford- The tradition there is unbelievable, also the tennis program is just amazing, and I would love to be in California.
3. Georgia- I have been to the campus and I enjoyed it. I used to live in GA so I would consider going here.
4. Florida- top party school :lol:. I have heard things about UF and they seem to put out a good program.
5. Virginia- such a good tennis program, and also great academics as well

I would also consider Duke, UNC, USC, FSU, and Miami (FL)

·
Banned
7,560 Posts
For me?

I'd go to

(1) Stanford, theres such a strong sense of tradition not just in tennis but in all of their sports--just look at what Tara Vanderveer has done with their basketball program. Besides, my dad is a Stanford alumnae.

(2) Vanderbilt. I guess I really just shy away from a lot of the traditional powers, but I actually loved Vandy when I visited and I would love to be there.

(3) Princeton I would love to go to an Ivy, and Princeton is BEAUTIFUL...besides I love the people I meet there.

(4) Tulane: This is another one of the schools I visited. It was an OUTSTANDING campus--and New Orleans is a great place to be. I envy people who go to Tulane.

(5) Gonzaga: Another untraditional power, but I would love to spend my college career in Seattle.

I guess I just don't like the big name schools. :shrug:

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
let me clarify. I am talking about men's teams since I am a guy :lol:

·
Registered
806 Posts
For me?

I'd go to

(5) Gonzaga: Another untraditional power, but I would love to spend my college career in Seattle.

Ummmmm, Gonzaga is 280 miles east of Seattle in the middle of nowhere.

I can say that, my father's from the Spokane area and I even went to the World's Fair Expo during the 70's in Spokane as a kid. They had some 50 ft fountain thing made of toilets. Have always remembered that. Ick.

·
Registered
806 Posts
As a male tennis player:

1) Outdoors and warm... indoors, wet and cold no bueno

2) My first choice fantasy.... probably USC or Texas or maybe Georgia?... but only if I was 'that' good (Top 35 US; which I likely wouldn't be)

3) Reality... where I could expect to play rather than ride the pine... you just don't get better being # 8 at a dream team

·
Le Conte's Sparrow
11,288 Posts
I'll try again :lol:

Since this is WOMEN's tennis board(I'm a guy too :lol:) and Amal said #1 recruit;

1. USC

A fan since 2004.
Nearest (like 30 min. drive sans traffic :haha: )
LOVE the campus, buildings are SO cool. :hearts:
Court likewise, can see EVERY court in one view :bowdown:
PLUS, I CAN BE A SAVIOUR IN A RELATIVELY WEAK TEAM :hearts:

2. PEPP

Also quite near.
Beach! :lol:
BE A SAVIOUR TO THE TEAM! :hearts:

3. UCLA

Similar to PEP. In fact, it's nearer :lol:

4. CMS

Claremont is SO cool,and the Biszantz Family Center is COOLER, if that is possible :bowdown: Campus is fantastic too. (I've raved enough before :lol: check my imageshack acct)
Almost the same distance as USC, even nearer? about 25 min. ? :lol:
link
I'LL PROBABLY BE THE BEST EVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE :haha:
(NCAA division 3)

5. Dunno..definitely not Stanford though :p
Can't guarantee even a #1 spot there :ras: They'll win even without me, so no big incentive :ras:

·
Le Conte's Sparrow
11,288 Posts
I got this idea from another forum and thought it was interesting.

If you were the #1 recruit in the country and essentially had your pick of schools, what 5 schools would you take official visits to? (i.e. list in order your top 5 preferences of schools:)) Explanations would be welcomed.
Funny you not posting. Curious too. :wavey:

I'm ABSOLUTELY positive you'll choose STAN
1st :lol:

·
Le Conte's Sparrow
11,288 Posts
For me?

I'd go to

(1) Stanford, theres such a strong sense of tradition not just in tennis but in all of their sports--just look at what Tara Vanderveer has done with their basketball program. Besides, my dad is a Stanford alumnae.

(2) Vanderbilt. I guess I really just shy away from a lot of the traditional powers, but I actually loved Vandy when I visited and I would love to be there.

(3) Princeton I would love to go to an Ivy, and Princeton is BEAUTIFUL...besides I love the people I meet there.

(4) Tulane: This is another one of the schools I visited. It was an OUTSTANDING campus--and New Orleans is a great place to be. I envy people who go to Tulane.

You know that Stanford is the biggest name in Women's Tennis, right? :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts