Tennis Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming that In two-three years, Davenport, Clijsters and Pierce will all have retired, what are your predictions for the WTA?

In the absence of these players, one would expect Mauresmo, Hardenne and Sharapova to be top three fixtures, but in peak form, the Williams sisters won't have a hard time progressing in tournaments either.

It will be a perfect opportunity for new players to step up, and Ivanovic, Vaidisova and Krajicek will have a chance to break through further.

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
Actually I'm hoping for it to be like this -

1. Capriati
2. Pierce
3. Davenport
4. Seles
5. V. Williams

And thats just me :)

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
I am just hoping some of these players show better all court games.
IMO, Justine, Maria, Ivanovic, Vaidisova, Kraijcek, Myskina, and Patty could and should have a better net game.

I see the players such as Mauresmo, Kuznetsova, Martina, Serena, and Venus consistently fighting for slams while rest of the players just hope a couple of them get upsetted in a slam so they can have a serious chance.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
People will be talking about the Dementieva (with her new immproved serve *crosses fingers*) and the Nastya domination of course!

...and mauresmo.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I expect Mauresmo, Sharapova & the Williams sisters to still be @ the very top of the game... Kim will apparently be retired as likely will Davenport & Pierce.

There are SOOOOOO many things that coud happent though as we all know that could shake things up majorly:
Will the young players without huge success in GS (Misa, Ana, Nicole, Sania, etc) breakthrough & become contenders or will they stay in the 10-20 range???

Then of course injuries will play a factor. Will ________ ________ blow out a knee, get pregnant, test positive for steriods, lose interest, leave tennis to become a nun, etc. Anything can & probably will happen in two years time, so who knows :) But it's still fun to guess;)

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Wannabeknowitall said:
I see the players such as Mauresmo, Kuznetsova, Martina, Serena, and Venus consistently fighting for slams while rest of the players just hope a couple of them get upsetted in a slam so they can have a serious chance.
I agree, I don't think we're gonna see any one person just break away & dominate. nor will we see too many slam winners that don't come from the current list of contenders IMO.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Personally outside of Sharapova the 18 and unders are quite dissapointing compared to their prior generation.

I think the current crop will keep on top until they retire, honestly.

Hopefully there is some 14 year old Russian out there no one has heard of that can take the game to a new level (not just copy what came before her)

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
-SMM- said:
Hopefully there is some 14 year old Russian out there no one has heard of that can take the game to a new level (not just copy what came before her)
Ahh yes, a new player :D Maybe someone very interesting... Pretty of course;) It would be neat if say: she was a lefty, with an all-court game, a solid serve, and who came into the net :eek: I'm sure the last part is too much to hope for... But yes, a new player who just emerges out of nowhere would be a nice surprise. It's happened before:)

·
Registered
25,015 Posts
-SMM- said:
Ever heard of Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova? ;)

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Women's tennis will have its own version of Fedex.Not a russian though.They are all too similiar.

·
Registered
12,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Williams sisters could dominate for a long time if they worked harder. More time training, entering tune-up events, focusing only on tennis.

·
Registered
15,098 Posts
Mauresmo, Sharapova, Justine, Venus, Serena, Elena would be in top ten.
Kirilenko, Ivanovic, Vaidisova, Pirinkova, Myskina, Kuznetsova, Hantuchova inside top 20.

·
I love Jelica!
34,196 Posts
Jedem said:
Ever heard of Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova? ;)
I concur :yeah:

Pavlyuchenkova will be making headlines in a few years :bowdown:

·
Registered
53 Posts
In top 10, there will be Dementieva,Anastasia,Maria,Nat' Dechy,Vaidisova,Kirilenko,Jelena Dokic,Martina!
in top 20: Aravane, Mathilde, Irena Pavlovic, Daniela, Flavia, Marion,Iroda!
in top 30: Mauresmo, the Williams Sisters, Foretz, Bremond, Loit, ALG!
In my dreams...
I don't think that Kim and Mary will still ba there!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
OOOOpppsss!I have forgotten Ana Ivanovic in top 10!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts