Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Um, how can there possibly be a 'new one'? Didn't Chris herself quit using the Chris Evert autograph in 1983 when she switched to a Wilson graphite?

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
And didn't the autograph model morph into a more uniform/even color model in 1982? Was that frame still the CEL autograph ?

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I have a feeling they were no longer manufactured by the early 80s so you'll only be able to get a 'new' 30+ year old one.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Wow! Does anyone know who is selling these rackets or has anyone purchased from them? The rackets look so beautifully preserved. I still have my Jack Kramer, original Prince, and the head racquet Ashe used, but my Slazenger Ch.1 was stolen from my 8th grade locker in 1981 and i would love to have another. Also I have dreamed of playing with an original Dun Maxply Fort!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
It seems like SO MANY great players used that racket - Goolagong and Wade to Laver and basically every Aussie until the wood era died. God, I wish we could go back to wood.

·
Love the Legends of Tennis
4,464 Posts
I agree Mark - I wished they still played with them. I love the look of the wooden rackets and I have a huge collection in my attic including Chris Evert, Goolagong, Rosewall, Gonzales rackets etc. but my all time favourite is also the Dunlop Maxply! Just a beautiful looking racket.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Wow, tv, you've got quite the arsenal! Do you ever play with them? I am entertaining the thought of buying a lovely maxply on ebay and seeing if I can get it re-strung (will anyone know how to do this, I wonder?!). Have you ever dealt with the person running the website above? It looks to be very old and links are outdated, which makes me hesitant.

And how are you doing? Any new Evonne video acquisitions?

·
4,464 Posts
Wow, tv, you've got quite the arsenal! Do you ever play with them? I am entertaining the thought of buying a lovely maxply on ebay and seeing if I can get it re-strung (will anyone know how to do this, I wonder?!). Have you ever dealt with the person running the website above? It looks to be very old and links are outdated, which makes me hesitant.

And how are you doing? Any new Evonne video acquisitions?
Hi Mark. Have never played with them (not since the 70s anyway) as I want to keep them in mint condition. I haven't dealt with the person running that website at all ...

I have had a few Evonne acquisitions but not many eg. Goolagong v Durr at French Open SF in 72.

Speaking of Evonne, I am putting together the film clips for her Tribute day at Kooyong on Sunday 22nd November and I will be playing in the tennis round robin with some former legends playing (like Rosewall, Turner, Dalton etc) and attending the dinner. I'll take some pics to post them if all goes well. Will be great to see Evonne honoured her in Oz.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Wow! That's wonderful! Yes please snap some pics and tell Evonne one of her biggest fans ever still watches her matches and misses her and her magical lovely play. Enjoy the dinner and matches. You must be thrilled!

·
4,464 Posts
Wow! That's wonderful! Yes please snap some pics and tell Evonne one of her biggest fans ever still watches her matches and misses her and her magical lovely play. Enjoy the dinner and matches. You must be thrilled!
Yes I am thrilled to be part of the tribute day for her. Like you, I adore her. There may well be a ver special surprise guest to help honour her too but I am not allowed to spill any beans so I will let you know about that after the event. It should be a magic day :)

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Hey tv! How was the tribute for Evonne? Who was the special guest? I hope you had a blast and were able to chat with lovely Miss Goolagong. Any there any pics or juicy tidbits to share? My apologies if you've already posted about this.
Thank you!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts