Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She hasn't played in about a month. Is she injured? I've never seen an Australian Open champion take a month off right after winning the title.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
She seems to enjoy it, she did it last year, not playing until Oklahoma (Memphis)

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Welcome Back Jennifer.:wavey:

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
She needs a rest, but don't worry, she'll be back at the right time in the right moment... ;)

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Where is Jencap??

Miss Jennifer Capriati has been enroled in the "Emily Post School of Etiquette" specifically learning to address the umpires and referrees on court without having to use the "F" word!!:angel:

barmaid:wavey:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Har-har, barmaid!:rolleyes: Down the bottom of which bottle did you get that cheap one?

Is it because I´m not American that I don´t find offensive language an important issue? Or is it just this board?

I don´t believe that the best role models necessarily are those who don´t use the four-lettered words. It´s the overall picture that really matters.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Where is Jennifer Capriati?? Is she injured?

cthulhu said:
Har-har, barmaid!:rolleyes: Down the bottom of which bottle did you get that cheap one?

Is it because I´m not American that I don´t find offensive language an important issue? Or is it just this board?

I don´t believe that the best role models necessarily are those who don´t use the four-lettered words. It´s the overall picture that really matters.
cthulhu: I beg to differ....would you want your daughter to emulate Jennifer's profanity publically in front of the world stage like she did?? Some role model!! Unless you were hoping your daughter would be a "madam" for a house of prostitution.:fiery:

barmaid:eek:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
When she was 14, a tennis magazine had JC posing with a Bart Simpson toy and a caption that said: "I'm Jen Cap. Who the hell are you?" So I blame JC's bad language on her early fascination with Bart Simpson. ;)

·
10,772 Posts
Aloysius - uh ... wrong

where's the hell? I don't see that?

barmaid

Unless you were hoping your daughter would be a "madam" for a house of prostitution
and you get all that from the word fuck ??? LMAO!! oh dear :rolleyes:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Sorry, barmaid, but I don´t believe in subjecting my children to stereotypes. No human being is neither good nor bad, neither maiden nor whore. But there always seem to be those who want to categorize people and play the parts of judge, jury and executioner. How´s that for role models?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
whew.. I'm fascinated by this profanity argument. Some folks I usually agree with are totally on the other side of the fence from me on this one. Personally, I don't mind Jenn's swearing. It's entertaining... hell, she's a firebrand and I kinda like that. If you think your child is going to hear anything worse from the decapitator than they already do at school, I'm sorry, but I don't agree. The most important role models for a child are their parents -- parental behavior is what they are going to emulate, not a 10 second outburst from Jennifer. :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
I agree totally, c2AKAcmglenn. Besides, the outcry over profanities and racket abuse is quite amazing! But, then again, I´m Swede and in Sweden the moral standards are quite low:D

·
10,772 Posts
i thought Sweden was a leading thing for moral standards :) maybe the whole world's standards are just slipping because of Jennifers language

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
hee hee... the decline of Western Civilization... and it's all JENNIFER'S FAULT!! :D

athank goodness we finally know who to blame... ;)

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the Capriati update.

Oizo, Jennifer doesn't need more power. She has plenty!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts