Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When is Amelie Mauresmo coming back to the tour....is she still injured.

I thought I heard last week she played in Fed Cup...does anybody have a clue when her next Tourney is?

She needs to defend a lot of points in the hard-court season.

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
That really seems like a bad idea. If she's OK, Toronto shouldn't be her first event. San Diego+Toronto is a pretty managable schedule.

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
9,486 Posts
According to an article in L'Equipe, She's not entering any hardcourt tourneys before Toronto because she doesn't want to risk hurting her knee again. She'll also be playing in New Haven.

·
Momomental
8,576 Posts
Fed Cup was on clay though. I'll bet money she won't enter any other tournaments in the meantime. She's worried about her knee and won't push it, as further injury could knock her out for a long time.

Unfortunately, I'd also bet money that she won't be able to successfully defend her Canadian title either.

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
9,486 Posts
San Diego would have been ideal. Play that, rest a week and have some match play before Toronto. But who am I to say? :tape: ;)

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I would like to see her play in toronto, and new haven.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
49,763 Posts
last year she didnt play after wimbledon until montreal and she won it and made semis of us open. So i think this is a good rest for amelie for her injury so it doesnt get worse. best of luck amelie! :)

Reactions: pineapple

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
I think Mauresmo has the best scheduling on the tour. More than the williams, less than the belgians. Even when she isn't injured she always seems to pace herself well. Capriati also does the same. Amazing how well she (momo) maintains her ranking despite injuries.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
I think she is being smart here. I look forward to seeing her back in the line-up.

Amelie play your best.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I saw her in Fed Cup last week. She played OK, not her best but at least she didn't seem to have any physical problem. Her backhand didn't work particularly well in her first match, but in the second one it was much better.

From what I saw, she could be playing any tournament before Toronto if she wanted.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts