Tennis Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
There is some news about Mirjana, but it’s more unfortunate than the slim chance of any comeback. Intrepid tennis “Twitter Head” Ben Rothenburg (sp?) recently dug-up some public legal records confirming that mega-powerful sports corporation IMG recently won its 18 YEAR-LONG legal battle against Mirjana, stemming from her troubles in the very early 2000s.

The trial took place (which Mirjana was not able to attend due to COVID and the fact that she is breast-feeding her newborn child and is thus not yet vaccinated) and the court ruled against her. She has to pay IMG around $700,000.

Clearly a devastating blow for Mirjana. Given the complexity of her story, her serious emotional issues at the time, and her old travails with the father, one might think that the gargantuan IMG could have settled more reasonably with Mirjana, particularly given all the “woke” coddling that the “establishments” are directing toward Naomi Osaka right now regarding issues of alleged depression … and the fact that the case has dragged on for 18 years.

But this is indeed the merciless face of corporate power, with phalanx after phalanx of lawyers.

Might be time for Mirjana to write and sell her life-story. Either way, it’s got to take the bloom off the rose of her incredibly difficult years of toil and eventual fairy-tale success.

Anyone on Twitter can see Rothenburg’s report about this: he even posted the court papers related to the case. Maybe he’s trying to drum up some sympathy for Mirjana? Hard to say.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
There is some news about Mirjana, but it’s more unfortunate than the slim chance of any comeback. Intrepid tennis “Twitter Head” Ben Rothenburg (sp?) recently dug-up some public legal records confirming that mega-powerful sports corporation IMG recently won its 18 YEAR-LONG legal battle against Mirjana, stemming from her troubles in the very early 2000s.

The trial took place (which Mirjana was not able to attend due to COVID and the fact that she is breast-feeding her newborn child and is thus not yet vaccinated) and the court ruled against her. She has to pay IMG around $700,000.

Clearly a devastating blow for Mirjana. Given the complexity of her story, her serious emotional issues at the time, and her old travails with the father, one might think that the gargantuan IMG could have settled more reasonably with Mirjana, particularly given all the “woke” coddling that the “establishments” are directing toward Naomi Osaka right now regarding issues of alleged depression … and the fact that the case has dragged on for 18 years.

But this is indeed the merciless face of corporate power, with phalanx after phalanx of lawyers.

Might be time for Mirjana to write and sell her life-story. Either way, it’s got to take the bloom off the rose of her incredibly difficult years of toil and eventual fairy-tale success.

Anyone on Twitter can see Rothenburg’s report about this: he even posted the court papers related to the case. Maybe he’s trying to drum up some sympathy for Mirjana? Hard to say.
The name is Rothenberg. It would have taken you a split second to check it.

·
Registered
Q Wang, Kontaveit, Badosa
131 Posts
The name is Rothenberg. It would have taken you a split second to check it.
Whenever I see people call him Rottenberg I do laugh a little 😂. I don't know of him well, but I’m assuming he isn't well liked on here and in tennis circles 😭.

·
Registered
10,905 Posts
In court, get the pun?

·
Registered
774 Posts
my fav has won 5 slams. and talented?? she was a BBB at its finest lmao.
You only signed up to this forum 2 days ago and since then have done nothing except make trolling comments and negative remarks trying to undermine others. You're either someone's spare trolling profile or you've been banned and have sneaked back in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts