Tennis Forum banner

81 - 100 of 138 Posts

Registered
I used to be a fan of both Monica Seles and Steffi Graf. I really lost respect for Selles the way she played along with the trashing of Steffi Graf after the stabbing incident.

Banned
If by half you mean Stuffy's three or four remaining stans then for sure.

It was a rhetorical question anyway, I knew the answer since I made the thread and it only took about 31 posts for someone to say it:

White + insipid + one-handed backhand = classy

I mean, wasn't Justine Henin considered "classy" as well? 馃ぃ
Sure Jan

Registered
You seem fun.

I鈥檝e read Seles鈥 book more than once and don鈥檛 remember her trashing her rackets after losing to Monica in Berlin. Also Graf did visit Seles in the hospital. Monica recounts it in her book, saying something like 鈥渟he didn鈥檛 stay long because she had to go play the final.鈥
Read it again.

Registered
Yet more fake news, Grad did visit Seles in Hospital.
Not according to Seles' autobiography. Have you read it? Perhaps you should.
Stop spreading lies. In Monica's press conference after the stabbing, she said that Steffi visited her while she was in the hospital. They were both emotional, they both cried and Seles said Steffi was "incredibly supportive". From 4.33 min.

Registered
These threads always crack me up. Why do you all expect womens tennis to be like figure skating and other stifling womens sports where the women have to stay hairless, wear cute ponytails, and weigh 40 kilos?

I remember watching Larry Bird and Magic "woof" at each other running up and down the basketball court. American football players show disgust and anguish when they lose. Lebron James, a billion dollar athlete, had the audacity to disagree with a call a referee made against him last night. The basketball world is still intact. LOL!

These "women" (I know you all would prefer to call them "girls") are adults who have spent years of their lives in grueling heat, training to be out there on the court. Yes, they are going to show anger when they get mad. Yes, they will walk off the court without shaking the ref's hand, and yes, they will use profanity. Perhaps, we should enjoy the technique and athleticism instead of expecting these women to stay in eitquette boxes.

Deal with it.

Registered
Stop spreading lies. In Monica's press conference after the stabbing, she said that Steffi visited her while she was in the hospital. They were both emotional, they both cried and Seles said Steffi was "incredibly supportive". From 4.33 min.
How about Steffi not wanting Seles to co- share the number one ranking upon her return? Pretty classy, right? Considering she (Graf) was the biggest beneficiary of Seles's stabbing. Carry on.

Banned
How about Steffi not wanting Seles to co- share the number one ranking upon her return? Pretty classy, right? Considering she (Graf) was the biggest beneficiary of Seles's stabbing. Carry on.
How can anyone take your word for what you post when it's been proven that you are a blatant liar ? So what does Seles state in her book about Steffi? What page is it in the book?

Registered
Not only Graf but all top players but Gaby wanted Monica to start from scratch.
Thank goodness WTA acted sensibly and gave Monica the co-share N1 ranking.

Registered
Not according to Seles' autobiography. Have you read it? Perhaps you should.

Did you get that co-share fairy tale also from the mysterious unnamed "autobiography"? Is this "autobiography" written on poop and produced in your ass?

At this point (at the Trumian rate that you are lying and making up stuff) it's questionable that you are even physically capable of telling the truth or even reading a book.

Here's the proof that your co-share story is crap, just like the hospital story that Daydreamer dubunked.

Registered
Did you get that co-share fairy tale also from the mysterious unnamed "autobiography"? Is this "autobiography" written on poop and produced in your ass?

At this point (at the Trumian rate that you are lying and making up stuff) it's questionable that you are even physically capable of telling the truth or even reading a book.

Here's the proof that your co-share story is crap, just like the hospital story that Daydreamer dubunked.

I dont care what the NY Times says, I know what her autobiography says, which is the source i'm referencing. Again, perhaps you should read it for yourself. As to the reason for this post regarding Graf's classiness, she wasnt. She was simply the beneficiary of a deranged fan who hated Seles for beating her. and she did nothing. I dont like her, never liked and never will....Carry on.

Registered
I dont care what the NY Times says, I know what her autobiography says, which is the source i'm referencing. Again, perhaps you should read it for yourself. As to the reason for this post regarding Graf's classiness, she wasnt. She was simply the beneficiary of a deranged fan who hated Seles for beating her. and she did nothing. I dont like her, never liked and never will....Carry on.
So tell us the page of the book that we should be looking at then if you're so sure?

Registered
Don't worry 鈥 it's all very clear.

You're from the "I don't like someone, so I will lie and make up stories about them" school of delusion and hate.

The irony is that that is also the state of mind of Gunther Parche.

You saying "I dont care what the NY Times says, I know what her autobiography says" sounds an awful lot like Gunther's "I don't care what the WTA ranking puts her 鈥 I know what Graf's real ranking is".

Banned
So tell us the page of the book that we should be looking at then if you're so sure?
Exactly what I asked but he/she/it chose to ignore my question 馃ぃ 馃ぃ

Registered
Crazy Seles fans :love: A blast from the past!

As for Graf, she hated losing, she never kept it a secret and it was a well known fact. And she played at the time hardly anyone ever bothered if a player was "classy" or not.

81 - 100 of 138 Posts