Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ruxandra Dragomir??? she returned a few months ago and lost in the 1st round of a small tourney but haven't heard of her since???

Catalina Cristea???

There's something whit those romanian girls, like Spirlea who retired without any announcement :rolleyes:

Also there was a verry talented girl (can't remember her name) who upset ASV at Wimbledon a few years ago, she was from Yugoslavia; she seems to have vanished.

·
agradecería con alegría que me comierais la ñocla.
17,776 Posts
I think RUxandra played WImbledon in doubles. I guess she is training to play a full schedule the next year. Anyhow, her ranking is very low so she's trying to play the right tournaments with her special ranking. I think she had a baby.

Retiring without announcing it is of your choice. For example, Zvereva also retired without making any announcement, and so did many others.

Sandra Nacuk had two match balls to defeat ASV at Wimbly 00, but she lost the match. I think she got injured and she was struggling to play in the lower level challengers. I heard rumours that she had retired but I don't really know.

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Nacuk is ranked 984, but is still playing.

Istanbul ($10,000 - Turkey) Apr 6 2003
1 D Murselovic-Q - S Nacuk 6-4 1-0

Grado ($25,000 - Italy) June 15 2003
Qual 1 M Sevsek - S Nacuk 2-6 6-2 6-3

Gorizia ($25,000 - Italy) June 22 2003
Qual 1 R Farah - S Nacuk 6-3 6-2

Garching B.M. ($25,000 - Germany) July 20 2003
Qual 1 P Russegger(4) - S Nacuk 7-5 6-2

Saulgau ($10,000 - Germany) Aug 3 2003
Qual 1 I Delitz(10) - S Nacuk 6-76 5-2

:eek:

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
wtf some1 with sandras talent cant win a amatch :(

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Apparently, (I know a woman to whom Ruxandra gives guest passes to tournies), Ruxandra Dragomir is trying to make a comeback, but it's difficult for her 'cos her ranking is so lo and she refuses to play qualifying.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx guys:)

It's a shame for Sandra, I saw her in qualis in Canada years ago and she has so much talent:(. I hope she will climb back in the rankings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts