Tennis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bovina, Eleni, Iroda,Krasno,Hantuchova, Dokic.....(and a lot more) of these talented players just don't bring their A games...anywhere! I think that in the year 2003...we should not have the likes of Amanda (bless her heart) and Martinez and Ai (although I like her) nearing the top 10 and 20....Its time for the likes of a new generation of players to take charge (and winning matches they should be winning)...

· Registered
926 Posts
who do ya think kim and justine are?? they are apart of that generation and doing incredible

· Registered
8,954 Posts
iroda had a terrible year last year, she started to pick things up a bit this year but has got injured again (which happens quite a lot to iri). bovina had her breakthrough year last year and a lot of players have a let down year after there breakthrough so i wouldn't woory about her until about RG or wimby next year. eleni don't know what to say i think she is just playing like crap not sure whether she's injured or what is happeneing with her. lina is comig off a career threatening injury and she did beat seles early in the year which was a good win. at the moment she's having problems mentally (nerves) and consistency. hantuchova has been getting a bashing from the media this year and i think the pressure was on her this year because she only had that lone indian wells title last year and everyone thought that she shouldn't be in the top 10. if she had got another title last year i think she would have had a better year. dokic is slumping badly, she's starting to come out of it but she isn't near her top 5 level once again i'm not sure of her problems, maybe dumping her father, the boyfriend, getting a coach and then dumping them because her game was changed so much maybe all that at once was too much for her. they were all good moves but doing them all at once wasn't smart imo.

· Registered
926 Posts
well, u can't expect that generation to take over, its like a combo of three, the 20 and unders, the 27 and overs and inbetween...and it fairly even between them all with most of the people in the inbetween

· Registered
8,954 Posts
but speaking of talented players. what about MJM, avants, lucic, afinogenova, lenka d? all the players that have and are struggling at the moment. lenka d played that match against venus then got injured and i don't think she's played again not even challengers. she was quite a talent. and MJM took venus to 3 sets and looked like she would be quite a force on the tour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.