Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...do you tend to just say goodbye to the friendship or try to work things out?! I have had this with one of my friends, and she has done nothing to work it out. She just keeps calling me names, and when I went out to a little club where she incidentally was that night, she was so drunk and purposefully kept bumping into me and calling me names, and her lame-ass drunkard best friend tried to attack me (I hate drunk people holding a cigarette)!

These girls are just acting very high school! She told my other friend that she "wants to make my life a living hell!" And I don't know what she means by that, but if she wants to call me some names again, I would feel lame to stoop to her level of telling her what people say about her behind her back, but no one's going to make my life a living hell!... anyway, I don't know how to handle this. I've never had anyone want to make my life a living hell before, lol

What do you think?! Do you get this way or do you try to solve the problem?! I think the only friend worth losing is the "friend" who refuses to give you a chance. She is being irrational and psychotic... I am anticipating her getting the Puerto Rican mafia on me or something

·
Registered
18,948 Posts
How ya doin' mrs.g? :wavey:

Sorry for what's going on. I'm usually in the role of your ex-friend there. Very high-schoolish. And as a result, I never really work things out with people...but by then, they're so fucking sick of me that they give up, too. This chick seems like someone you should ditch...and be happy that you're not stooping to her level. Hell, I'm sure you've got plenty of other friends.

And whenever someone says they'll make your life a living hell, just laugh it off. I mean, she doesn't work for the IRS or DMV, so what could she really do?

·
Banned
13,390 Posts
i would leave her alone for awhile, mrs. guga. a long while. if you've tried and she's acting like an asshole, then leave her alone. the ball's in her court if she wants to continue the friendship. if not? don't sweat it. she apparently was never your friend to begin with. walk away and give your time and care to someone who appreciates it. :)

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DeuceDiva said:
i would leave her alone for awhile, mrs. guga. a long while. if you've tried and she's acting like an asshole, then leave her alone. the ball's in her court if she wants to continue the friendship. if not? don't sweat it. she apparently was never your friend to begin with. walk away and give your time and care to someone who appreciates it. :)
Well, I deceived her first, as a drunken accident that I really regret... I don't expect her to forget, but fucking forgive man!!!! But you two definitely have it right, I won't stoop to her level. You can only get bored so fast by trying to be a lameass dickwod like she is being. If she goes the whole sofomore year devoting her life to hating me some more, that's just soooooo pathetic! Get a hobby

·
Banned
10,399 Posts
awww nwando :kiss:
just tell those bitches to fucks off, k sweetie? :)

I knew something was wrong when i talked to you last night.

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Ah, don't let them get to you! Even if you did do something to deserve her wrath, it's rather immature of her and her friend to carry on like that. I've never had somebody do that to me (since highschool), but I have a bit of a fat mouth, so that's likely for the best.

Sometimes friendships aren't worth saving, that much I do know.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
pfff if those chicks treat you like this, you dont wanna be friends with them anyway, right:p

I always try to work things out, i hate fights:(

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Isn't it weird when your not friends with your friends anymore? I mean, Romy and I fell out of touch about 2 hours ago....over Post-it's.

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Mrs. Guga, why should you waste your time with someone who only wants to bring you down?

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Mrs_Guga said:
Well, I deceived her first, as a drunken accident that I really regret... I don't expect her to forget, but fucking forgive man!!!!
What did you do to get her so angry with you?

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
mrs_g, leave her alone. if she can't forgive you for what you did but insists on 'making your life a living hell', you don't need her as a friend. Cut your losses and learn from this. :D

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
Rebecca said:
Sometimes friendships aren't worth saving, that much I do know.
so very true.

·
Banned
13,390 Posts
Mrs_Guga said:
Well, I deceived her first, as a drunken accident that I really regret... I don't expect her to forget, but fucking forgive man!!!! But you two definitely have it right, I won't stoop to her level. You can only get bored so fast by trying to be a lameass dickwod like she is being. If she goes the whole sofomore year devoting her life to hating me some more, that's just soooooo pathetic! Get a hobby
well, it depends, mrs. guga. if it was a drunken accident where you tried to run her over and she ended up in the hospital in traction, that might be hard to forget. or...if in a drunken state you messed around with her boyfriend, that would be hard to forget. in addition, if it was a drunken accident where you ran over her dog and killed it...well...

you know what? unfortunately, even in a drunken state, when people do things that seem horrendous, people don't forgive. or forget. being drunk is never an excuse for bad behavior.

perhaps you should just chalk this one up to experience and let the friendship go...doesn't seem worth saving at this point. :sad:

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
DeuceDiva said:
well, it depends, mrs. guga. if it was a drunken accident where you tried to run her over and she ended up in the hospital in traction, that might be hard to forget. or...if in a drunken state you messed around with her boyfriend, that would be hard to forget. in addition, if it was a drunken accident where you ran over her dog and killed it...well...

you know what? unfortunately, even in a drunken state, when people do things that seem horrendous, people don't forgive. or forget. being drunk is never an excuse for bad behavior.

perhaps you should just chalk this one up to experience and let the friendship go...doesn't seem worth saving at this point. :sad:

true... but its still no reason to act like a high schooler. eh, i guess some people take a while to grow up... and then there are those who never grow up.

it sounds like everyone in guga's group should stop drinking since they obviously cant control themselves.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
If a friend does something that is inconsiderate, one should be able 1) to say that one feels hurt 2) to ask for amendments to that friend.
With lots of people 1) is already impossible. They are shocked if you dare tell them that you feel hurt by something.
Of those people with whom 1) is possible, sometimes 2) is not possible.
Recently I ended a friendship because though I told this friend that his behaviour was inconsiderate, he just wanted me to forgive and forget it WITHOUT making amendments. That is way too easy in my eyes.
You don't have to forgive someone if they don't realize how they have hurt you and make no amendments to their behaviour.
I don't know what situation you are in, Mrs Guga. But your friend might be hurt by something you did or said and in that case she should not forgive you just like that. But it is up to you to think about what exactly happened.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Keith said:
Isn't it weird when your not friends with your friends anymore? I mean, Romy and I fell out of touch about 2 hours ago....over Post-it's.

classic Keith post! maybe you 2 couldnt decide who really was the mary and who was rhoda?

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Nwando, it's seems you've tried to make things better. Since she won't make an attempt to patch things up, it's time to turn the page.

Knopfler6 has 666 posts! That's spooky! :eek:

·
Registered
13,210 Posts
Mrs_Guga said:
...do you tend to just say goodbye to the friendship or try to work things out?! I have had this with one of my friends, and she has done nothing to work it out. She just keeps calling me names, and when I went out to a little club where she incidentally was that night, she was so drunk and purposefully kept bumping into me and calling me names, and her lame-ass drunkard best friend tried to attack me (I hate drunk people holding a cigarette)!

These girls are just acting very high school! She told my other friend that she "wants to make my life a living hell!" And I don't know what she means by that, but if she wants to call me some names again, I would feel lame to stoop to her level of telling her what people say about her behind her back, but no one's going to make my life a living hell!... anyway, I don't know how to handle this. I've never had anyone want to make my life a living hell before, lol

What do you think?! Do you get this way or do you try to solve the problem?! I think the only friend worth losing is the "friend" who refuses to give you a chance. She is being irrational and psychotic... I am anticipating her getting the Puerto Rican mafia on me or something
Some people go too far. If the 'friend' ever wants back in with you, tell them where to get off, no matter how tough it may be for you, they've shown you a side that may happen again.

I can understand a falling out, but name calling and not doing anything about there friend trying to attack you is way too far, just gotta say goodbye, no matter how much they beg

1 - 20 of 29 Posts