Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Williams domination has been a driving force in women's tennis and surprisingly has been , for a long time now. And with the form and quality of tennis increasing with every slam passing, it seems the Williams sisters are here to stay. The legends are talking about their possible stakes at creating history and breaking records, that were, for a long time beyond the reach of major tennis stars the past decade has seen.

Read the complete article on www.tennisearth.com

or go to URL http://www.tennisearth.com/news/tennisNews/When_WTA_became_Williams_Tennis_Association_586246.htm

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
The Williams domination has been a driving force in women's tennis and surprisingly has been , for a long time now. And with the form and quality of tennis increasing with every slam passing, it seems the Williams sisters are here to stay. The legends are talking about their possible stakes at creating history and breaking records, that were, for a long time beyond the reach of major tennis stars the past decade has seen.

Read the complete article on www.tennisearth.com

or go to URL http://www.tennisearth.com/news/tennisNews/When_WTA_became_Williams_Tennis_Association_586246.htm

thank you!
nice read.

·
Team WTAworld, Lounge Owner
44,144 Posts
:zzz:

·
Registered
276 Posts
This forum has been taken over by Williams Sister fans it appears. I came here for more than Williams Sister talk. It's all Williams Sister this and Williams Sister that. How boring when every thread and every topic is the Williams Sisters.

Even when the topic ISN'T about the Williams Sisters the Williams fans seem to take it over.

So boring !

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
This forum has been taken over by Williams Sister fans it appears. I came here for more than Williams Sister talk. It's all Williams Sister this and Williams Sister that. How boring when every thread and every topic is the Williams Sisters.

Even when the topic ISN'T about the Williams Sisters the Williams fans seem to take it over.

So boring !
Then start a topic about something else instead of bumping up one of the threads about the Williams Sisters. There are other topics floating around for you to discuss. I'm sure you are not alone in how you feel, but there are those who do like reading and talking about Serena and Venus, which is evidenced by the amount of posts about them.

Thank you again to the original thread starter for bringing that article over here.

·
Registered
16,443 Posts
Then start a topic about something else instead of bumping up one of the threads about the Williams Sisters. There are other topics floating around for you to discuss.

Doesn't work because as the poster you were quoting said in the same post,the WS fans are taking over the threads which were not about the WS in the first place.

·
I felt suddenly quite wildly happy.
46,052 Posts
Then start a topic about something else instead of bumping up one of the threads about the Williams Sisters. There are other topics floating around for you to discuss. I'm sure you are not alone in how you feel, but there are those who do like reading and talking about Serena and Venus, which is evidenced by the amount of posts about them.

Thank you again to the original thread starter for bringing that article over here.
Couldn't agree much... And nobody forces you to come and read the WS threads... As much as it hurts to say this, WS are amongst the best tennis players ever, so they have a large fanbase, which is quite logically widely represented in here :shrug: I still think you'll find lots of threads about other topics in here :shrug:

Reactions: oliviasmith

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Doesn't work because as the poster you were quoting said in the same post,the WS fans are taking over the threads which were not about the WS in the first place.
Tell yourself whatever you have to, but I can't speak for the entire group you all have labeled as Williams Sisters Fans. I can say that I will say whatever I want to whomever I want, if a thread is about the Williams Sisters or not. I have commented on other topics but it's no surprise that I love Serena.

If she is discussed in another thread, even if it is not about her, I will respond if I want to. You and others who think it is "boring" will just have to deal. I don't go in other threads about other players that I clearly dislike making trouble or calling names (only if in defense of my favorite player) and I think if others showed the same courtesy then it wouldn't be an issue.

As to the threads that are actually about V&S such as this one, why do you post in it? It seems like this is a concerted effort by a poster to not post this information in one of the other threads b/c people like you may not want to see it. So it makes sense that this person would start a new thread. This makes it very easy for people like you to stay out of it. Why does their need to be a problem?

Serena is number 1 and world peace is on the way. :)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
lol
but we must have had around 100 topics talkin abt d same thng by now directly or indirectly

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
If it is so, Why dont the Williams' win all slams? last time i checked Venus Lost the 2nd round of the AO? :scratch:
Last time I checked, they won the last 3. Maybe not sheer and utter dominance that was displayed in the early part of this decade so tell your friends no need to hit the panic button...YET.

It is still a close field and they still have challenges to overcome, but I think you're missing the overall point of the article. Since they've been around, it's always been about them. Actively playing or not, people want to know when they're coming back or how long they'll stick around. They've generated a lot of buzz and achieved great things, pretty much owning this sport the past decade, give or take a year or two.

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Last time I checked, they won the last 3. Maybe not sheer and utter dominance that was displayed in the early part of this decade so tell your friends no need to hit the panic button...YET.

It is still a close field and they still have challenges to overcome, but I think you're missing the overall point of the article. Since they've been around, it's always been about them. Actively playing or not, people want to know when they're coming back or how long they'll stick around. They've generated a lot of buzz and achieved great things, pretty much owning this sport the past decade, give or take a year or two.

Thank you Serena fan.....I wrote that article myself and was hoping to get some feedbacks..I myself am a great Williams fan, but that doesn't mean i blindly follow and praise them, they have made a mark of their own, worked really hard and i think it should be appreciated as well. Thanks for your support dear...

·
Registered
9,647 Posts
WTA for some could stand for What Total Arrogance :) have a great day,

1 - 20 of 26 Posts