Tennis Forum banner

When will the show go on again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
81 - 100 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
There won't be a vaccine until next year, so the virus threat will not go away soon, even if some aspects of normal life will slowly resume. First the essential businesses and public services. Tourism, entertainment and sports events will follow much later

·
Registered
997 Posts
best case is maybe august or september if we are lucky.

whatever ,if there is any tennis this year, the w.t.a. should already be getting a tentative schedule for non slam tournaments drawn up behind the scenes. it will depend on which parts of the world, if any are safe.
if we play in august, have a couple of possible events ready to go at that time, likewise for september, october, november and december.
so if at any stage tennis is possible, they will have each month with some events ready to go.
if tennis is not possible in august, start with september schedule, if september gets cancelled, have your october events ready to go and so on.

the slams can worry about themselves.

personally, i doubt if we will get anymore tennis this year.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
The pessimistis reigning GM as per usual.

I don't know why people keep on insisting that there won't be tennis in 2020. We are still in March and nobody knows how the situation will be in late summer/fall.
It will depend on whether there is a second wave like what occurred with the Spanish Flu and when will a vaccine be available. Its possible that complete lock downs will enable the tour to return this year.

·
Registered
14,542 Posts
So much uncertainty about the 2020 tennis season but what is clear is that if play does resume this year, both the ATP and WTA intend to play until nearly the end of December: using their previously scheduled offseason to try to get as many tournaments played as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,000 Posts
I reckon August, with the American hard court swing.

Difficult to imagine a year without Wimbledon, but its looking more and more likely.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
33,287 Posts
So much uncertainty about the 2020 tennis season but what is clear is that if play does resume this year, both the ATP and WTA intend to play until nearly the end of December: using their previously scheduled offseason to try to get as many tournaments played as possible

That sounds pretty sensible. I can see that happening too. We might find the tennis coming back in November and December with a few smallish indoor events.

·
33,287 Posts
I reckon August, with the American hard court swing.

Difficult to imagine a year without Wimbledon, but its looking more and more likely.
I live in London and I have totally given up on any prospect of Wimbledon. I just can't realistically see how it could be feasible.

·
Registered
101 Posts
For sure nothing is happening in Europe until the end of the year. US swing is looking very unlikely atm, definitely nothing is happening in NYC. Strangely enough the Asian swing may be possible , perhaps in a reduced/delayed form, although most probably not Wuhan. It's hard to make long term predictions now with the situation changing every day.

·
Registered
14,542 Posts
Tiley the AO boss fears, the season is lost completely to the coronavirus pandemic.
“My personal view is I think for tennis to come back this year is going to be tough,” he told The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age on Monday.

“It relies on global travel, and I think that’s probably the last thing that’s going to come back. I think sports that have a domestic focus are in a strong position and sports that have a global focus are more challenged.”

·
Registered
53,856 Posts
WTA working on better pay, considers extending Tour

·
33,287 Posts
And what about last-ever ATP finals in Nov., if only a few months of the season have been played?!
Who knows? November really is a long way away. It would be very hard to predict what things are going to be like that far away. It isn't even easy to predict where we will be in a couple of months.

·
Registered
113,203 Posts
Mauresmo says no to 2020 tennis
Je crois qu’on va devoir tirer un trait sur la saison 2020 de tennis. Circuit international = des joueurs et joueuses de toutes nationalités plus les encadrements, spectateurs et les personnes venant des 4 coins du monde qui font vivre ces événements. Pas de vaccin=pas de tennis

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
The season is likely done. There's just too great a risk without a vaccine or any sort of effective treatment. Without that, Slams are just lawsuits waiting to happen.

81 - 100 of 138 Posts