Tennis Forum banner

When will Haddad Maia's winning streak be ended?

• Eastbourne

Votes: 65 48.1%
  • Wimbledon

Votes: 36 26.7%
  • She will win Wimbledon.

Votes: 34 25.2%
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Her mental strengh to this day has been flawless, but it will be put to test now that shes EXPECTED to win most matches as people are fascinated by her momentum

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
So why is Giorgi not mentioned in this post? No chance at all, huh? Well if she can get rid of those pesky foot faults she may be in the final, and the Brazilian may have a match on her hands. That is, if they both get that far. We're in the QF's folks, let's see how everyone's favorite fares. You jinx your favorite player if you look too forward in the draw, just saying..... Take it match by match........

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
40,806 Posts
So why is Giorgi not mentioned in this post? No chance at all, huh? Well if she can get rid of those pesky foot faults she may be in the final, and the Brazilian may have a match on her hands. That is, if they both get that far. We're in the QF's folks, let's see how everyone's favorite fares. You jinx your favorite player if you look too forward in the draw, just saying..... Take it match by match........
In case you have forgotten.... Haddad Maia did defeat Giorgi in the quarterfinals just last week and quite easily as well (6-3 6-2). That of course doesn't ensure that were they to meet here again in the final that the result would be the same but it is hard to see how Haddad Maia would not be considered a pretty substantial favourite should that rematch occur.

·
Registered
6,791 Posts
haddad and kalinina were my french open dark horses. small miscalculation on their expected peaks.

Rectangle Font Magenta Screenshot Circle

Reactions: *Jool*

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
In case you have forgotten.... Haddad Maia did defeat Giorgi in the quarterfinals just last week and quite easily as well (6-3 6-2). That of course doesn't ensure that were they to meet here again in the final that the result would be the same but it is hard to see how Haddad Maia would not be considered a pretty substantial favourite should that rematch occur.
Oh yes I was aware of that result. I am not sure either will be in the final Haddad Maia still has to beat Tsurenko today and either Dart or Kvitova tomorrow. Time will tell, it would be nice to see both players in the final though.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
40,806 Posts
Oh yes I was aware of that result. I am not sure either will be in the final Haddad Maia still has to beat Tsurenko today and either Dart or Kvitova tomorrow. Time will tell, it would be nice to see both players in the final though.
I'd be happy with this final too and I'd be okay with either player winning. Camila when she is on and focused can play some pretty impressive tennis as she has demonstrated numerous times in the last 12 months. It would be nice to see her reach a new career high too. I do hope Camila at the very least makes the final since that will mean Ostapenko did not make the final.:oh:

As for Beatriz, well it would be pretty cool to see a player win three grass events prior to Wimbledon. As it is only recently that the gap between RG and Wimbledon was extended from 2 weeks to 3 weeks I am quite sure that has not happened before, certainly not in the open era. So that would be pretty cool to see also. A Giorgi v BHM final could only be a good thing whoever won.

·
Registered
19,184 Posts
Well Serena is back in the game lol We are living our most wildest dreams in Brazil after 54 years of Maria Bueno grass saga ending so be kind to us and cheer for Bia! Personally I am waiting for this since 84!

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
Saraya who? You must be quite a dinosaur if you were literally waiting for it since '84!

·
Registered
59,027 Posts
If she wins Eastbourne I would love to see her play Iga at Wimbledon (the earliest this could be would be the third round) and put her unbeaten run on grass against Iga's overall unbeaten run
Rof16 ;)

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
actually Jool.. I think that poster was right. Bottom 8 seeds (25-32) get drawn against the top 8 for the R32. Petra is one of those unless one of the current to be seeded withdraws before tomorrow's draw and she gets moved up into the next seed line. She is currently slated to be the 25th seed thus she can .. luck of the draw...meet Iga 3R... and good great God if that happens....

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
actually Jool.. I think that poster was right. Bottom 8 seeds (25-32) get drawn against the top 8 for the R32. Petra is one of those unless one of the current to be seeded withdraws before tomorrow's draw and she gets moved up into the next seed line. She is currently slated to be the 25th seed thus she can .. luck of the draw...meet Iga 3R... and good great God if that happens....
I just thought that as Iga is no1 seed and BHM 23, they could meet in 3R earliest as at that stage the top 16 seeds will be due to meet the players ranked 17-32?
But I could be wrong and anyway the chances of them being in each others section is fairly small I suppose

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
I just thought that as Iga is no1 seed and BHM 23, they could meet in 3R earliest as at that stage the top 16 seeds will be due to meet the players ranked 17-32?
But I could be wrong and anyway the chances of them being in each others section is fairly small I suppose
Iga and BHM can only meet in R4 at the earliest.
Font Circle Number Science Diagram

21 - 40 of 50 Posts