Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just know in my heart that when Venus beats Serena again - the pundits - naysayers and haters will be out in full force. Can we not imagine what will be said?

For instance - if Venus beats Serena in two sets - close or not - they will say that Serena laid down - and let her Sister win. They will say that Serena wanted Venus to get back to number two - if she is not already there by that time.

If Venus beats Serena in three sets - they will say that they had it all planned and intentionally made it go to three sets. I mean - Venus will not get the credit she deserves, and the conspiracy theorists will be banging the drums fastly. And it doesn't matter if these same pundits had said the day before, that Serena was not in her usual top form - and was not playing solid tennis.

This has been on my mind for a while to a certain extent, because I can hardly wait until Venus beats Serena again. Yet - I can already imagine all the negative noise in and out the press it will get. And of course - some on this very board will be beating the drums.

Deep in my heart though, y'all know I could care less what these folks will say - but I do feel for Venus and Serena, for I know they will bear the brunt of all the BS. They can not win for losing in some folks' minds. But they will continue to "Keep On Truckin."

Anyone else know what will be proclaimed when my girl Venus finally beats her little sister like a drum? Whatever happens, after it is all said and done - it will be an "Ohhh Happy Day", for me. And I hope it is at RG.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
oh of course

definately

it was like that back in the day and it'll be like that now

people are just mad that Venus and Serena are better than everyone else, I dont give a crap what the rankings say

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
First of all, instead of "when", it should be "if".

Second of all, the huge majority of people do not believe that they cheat like this, so stop inventing.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
:eek: :bounce: I agree too (not with you selesrules). But the Williamses are such class acts above these morons that's why they will rise and rise like eagles! Off with the haters' heads!
:drool: :drool: :mad:

By the way, selesrules is such a bizarre name. Please change it whoever or whatever is behind that name! :angel: :cool: :devil:

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
It would be too funny to read such accusations given all that's happened.

Reactions: maccardel

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Although i want very much for Venus to be able to defeat Serena sometimes when they play I shudder to think what will happen to Serena's confidence if Venus stars to beat her regularly again. Hopefully Serena would be able to handle it and compete hard and well against Venus the next time. Now that Serena has confidence and won 4 in a row, I would like to see them split the GS this year and for the next few years to come. That would be great.

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
IT's not "if" it's when! Venus has all the tools to beat Serena.

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
When Venus beats Serena again, pigs will fly:p :rolleys: . I like Venus, but her glory days are over, just as Jenn's glory days are over, unfortunately.

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Spoken like a true idiot. Barring injury Venus will be in the hunt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts