Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should she comeback as soon as she's fit, say the fall indoor season, or sit the rest of the year out and return healed in fresh in Jan.

As a fan I'd like to see her in Philly if she's good to go.

·
Registered
18,948 Posts
Philly sounds reasonable. The WTA will likely do whatever they can to get the sisters to play the Championships.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
oh YES, PHILLY COME BACK IN PHILLY!

(I live in philly and am gonna go to this event..)

anyway, I just want her to be 100%. i'm tired of watching a half-hurt Venus. I swear it hurts me more than it hurts her! (exagerrating here a bit, but you know what I mean.. when she pulled out of the year end champs I almost cried with her.. every time she served at wimby I cringed with her.. its been torture lately!!!)

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had plans to attend the Philly tournament again this year, but they are now tenative.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
They should just chill until the tuneups for the Aussie O.

Only the slams really matter.

Let their detractors enjoy the break. :devil:

Reactions: Infiniti2001

·
Registered
22,126 Posts
kiwifan said:
They should just chill until the tuneups for the Aussie O.

On the slams really matter. :devil:
I don't think any of the top players would want that!
Can you image Kim,Justine,Jennifer,Amelie, ect...meeting them
in the rd of 16 or the Quaters'! :eek:

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I don't see the point of playing in the fall. She should come back during the AO tuneups.

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
If they both comeback it wouldn't make sense to do it at Advanta and the WTA champs now that I think about it. Why come back for just 2 tourneys??

·
Registered
17,922 Posts
I see the point! She should come back as soon as she is fully healed and get back into the competitive groove! And yes, she should certainly play in my backyard, in Philly! :D

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
I want Venus to come back NEXT YEAR.

I want her completely healed. I don't want her risking anymore injuries this season. This season is basically a waste now, there is no point.

She doesn't have significant points to defend, so, I say, just leave it all. Come back next year to make sure you are 100% healthy.

Come back Strong Venus!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And me!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I reckon Venus and Serena should both lie low for the rest of the year.

The Venus should play the Gold Coast and Serena iin Sydney, exploding back on the scene and dominating in Australia.

Remember what happened the last time Venus had a 7 month break?? :eek: :eek: :p

·
Registered
17,922 Posts
RAA said:
she can come here and meet me and Janie!!
I'm Ready! :D

Seriously, I don't see any advantage in Vvenus waiting till next year, IF she is 100% healed earlier. She will not get 120% healed by waiting; if she is healerd, she is ready to play. By waiting longer than necessary she will only get rusty, plus get more caught up in the non-tennis parts of her life.

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think Venus/ Serena should comeback as soon as fit because they are part of the tour and thier presence helps support the tour.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Venus will come back when she is fully fit . Gid i hope that is around fed cup time

·
Registered
427 Posts
“I kept thinking I would be able to compete,” Venus said today from New York, where she traveled to prepare for the tournament. “Unfortunately, it just wasn't meant to be. So, with regret, I have to pull out of this tournament and continue my recovery. I'm looking forward to playing again in the fall.”

Venus said this

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
One point not addressed here is that Venus has other career aspirations. So let's say she could return this fall for a couple of events, or (finish?) her fashion studies uninterrupted and then start fresh in Oz. As I've long said I expect her to make way for kid sis after 1 more Slam or 1 more year (now maybe 2, not more), the latter route seems to make more sense for Venus the total Person.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts