Tennis Forum banner

When shall Emma enter the top 10?

101 - 120 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
I believe, if Jessica Pegula beats Tamara Zidanšek in her next match, she will get to 3065 points, passing both Emma (2975 pts) and Garbiñe Muguruza (3061 pts). This would leave Emma at 11, up one place from her current 12, and equal to her highest ever, but still one place shy of the top ten. :cry: (But, if we’re being brutally honest, Emma’s not exactly playing like one of the best ten women players on Earth, right now, is she… :cry::cry::cry:)
Given that 7 of the top 10 got knocked out by the 2nd round of RG, it could be argued that Emma is playing exactly like a member of the top 10 :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
10,302 Posts
Most likely Emma stays at #11 after RG. Kasatkina needs to make Final to go by her.....Gauff needs to win the title. either way.....The Empire stanning for Iga to win now.....right? If Dasha beats Iga in SF and then loses to Gauff in the Final....Emma falls to #13.

Get out your Iga flags Emma world.:p:p....pretty funny, it has to be said.:whistle:

• Haha
Reactions: AndyG and aca99da

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Most likely Emma stays at #11 after RG. Kasatkina needs to make Final to go by her.....Gauff needs to win the title. either way.....The Empire stanning for Iga to win now.....right? If Dasha beats Iga in SF and then loses to Gauff in the Final....Emma falls to #13.

Get out your Iga flags Emma world.:p:p....pretty funny, it has to be said.:whistle:
I'm rooting for Dasha actually haha. I love her dry sense of humour from those WTA vids. She seems to be one of those players that can be annoying and gets the ball back for that one extra shot. Would be nice for Coco to win as she has been hyped for so long as well and would shut up that haters. Win win for me 🙂.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
The following 33 posters have sadly been proven wrong:
If Kasatkina does indeed lose before the final, thus ensuring Emma enters the top 10 after Wimbledon, the following 12 posters shall be proven right (including...ahem, yours truly); :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: andreescufan

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
If Kasatkina does indeed lose before the final, thus ensuring Emma enters the top 10 after Wimbledon, the following 12 posters shall be proven right (including...ahem, yours truly); :sneaky:

I didn't really have Emma down as entering the top 10 immediately after Wimbledon. I envisaged her doing it on the faster HCs of Toronto/Cincinnati before the USO when she still has little to defend.

If it happens, I'll take it though.

·
Registered
10,302 Posts

:whistle: Apparently I get a free pass.

·
Registered
177 Posts
:whistle: Apparently I get a free pass.
Not yet :)
Emma is not going to make the top 10 in 2022.....the math makes it virtually impossible. She is losing her 240 points from Wimbledon, only Pliskova will fall below her as a result of no points for Wimbledon this year. Emma is not playing before Wimbledon....forget Eastborne, she won't play there. Gauff and Kasatkina are both very close and could pass her this week. They are also both playing next week....so it's very likely they both go by her. Ostapenko is also playing both weeks and could easily pass Emma.

Forget this foolishness about making the top 10. If she finishes 2022 in the top 50....that would be an accomplishment, leave the kid alone. She is simply not a top 10 player at this point, everyone knows that.
... but you might if Bianca defeats Kasatkina. It was your post that made me do the actual calculations

·
Registered
4,049 Posts

I'm holding on to my vote until I see what happens in the next few days. 😛

101 - 120 of 159 Posts