Tennis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When Kim loses a 3rd set (this only happens against top players), it's a "choke".

When Kim loses a 2nd set, she is "erratic".

When Kim loses a 1st set, she is a "slow starter".

Has it ever occurred to anyone that these are all actually the same issue? She sometimes has trouble maintaining her focus and shots for the entire duration of a match. I don't think slow starts or pressure have a lot to do with it.

·
Premium Member
38,611 Posts
disposablehero said:
against top players), it's a "choke".

When Kim loses a 2nd set, she is "erratic".

When Kim loses a 1st set, she is a "slow starter".
well, what's so wrong about it? for a top player like kim (and not only her), these are valuable, if rather easy explanations for losing a set. losing the first set is of course not the same as losing the third set.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I wouldn't say disposablehero is a "Kim-hater" as much as anything, he's among the few that make this board enjoyable to read, even (and especially) to people that have a life besides tennisplayer worshipping that 90% of the people on this board are into.

If the percentage would've been the other way around, I would not have been a lurker for such a long time, btw.

·
Registered
47,654 Posts
Kim´s problem isn´t losing sets. Everybody loses a set once in a while. The problem´s that she rarely wins that third set against top players and specially in GS´s!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.