1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine...

TT Rebel
Strung at @ 70 LBS, the recommended highest tension is 62 hehe
String: 16g synthetic (I believe that its not the string that makes u a better player lol)

I'm 16, If you know the NTRP rating I play at a 4.0-5.0 rating I guess. My forehand is my strongest side, backhand good slice for defense but usually just run around as much as possible. My weakest point has to be my volleys, its ok it does ok for me in a match, but im not comfortable enough where on a big point youll see me serve and volleying.

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
My racket is custom made and has a 40000 sq inch head. As for my game, I have trouble serving and don't seem to be able to get any topspin on my shots. But its near impossible to hit a winner on me.

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Babolat Pure Control (Team Std)
any durable string @58 lbs (recommended = 50-55)
and a tacky overgrip

topspin fh, slice bh, flat serve

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
Yonex RQ 500
72lbs (recommended 50-60)

Two hands both sides - hard and very flat. When stretched wide, my 1 handed forehand is quite decent (heavy topspin), and I can hit a pretty nasty backhand slice.

My worst shot is the dropshot off the backhand side. My serve is so-so, I can hit down the T with big pace, or kick it up pretty high but I have no rhthym on my motion.

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Wilson H6
Wilson Synthetic Gut Extreme 17 - strung at 64 lbs

It's a great combination I feel and the racket is so manuverable that I feel like Serena, really :p I didn't have problems adjusting to this racket the first time i used it...

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
5,857 Posts
My racquet? It's silver and blue with red bits. I think it's a Head... :unsure: As long as I can rip some one handed backhands with it, I don't really care.

I reckon I'm also about a 4.0-5.0 on the NTRP scale, but then I also think that particular system is a load of bollocks.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Wilson Hyper Hammer 6.2
Strung at 60 lbs.

I've got Prince Topspin 15 duraflex at the moment because i wanted it to last a while!! It seems ok though.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
And my game, well it hit a 2 handed backhand topspin but i can also slice it if i need to. My serve is flat and if i can get rhythem it's pretty quick.

My forehand can sometimes go AWOL but it's ok, and my second serve, well lets not go there, i'm working on it though!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
prince TT warrior
strung at 65 lbs

i'm more of a baseliner, though when i do go up to the net i usu win the points. i prefer to hit deep, flat shots off my forehand (my better side), thoughi do topsin to mix it up or to coax a high return that i can put away. i like to hit my shots as hard as possible.
my backhand is mostlyslice, sometimes drive. pretty weak and i run around it as much as i can.
my serve is surprisingly good considering how much a get to play. it's usu flat but i can hit it hard enough to trouble my opponents. i usually hold my serve. sometimes going thru an entire game without serving the second serve.

i run side to side better than up or down.

i get winded easily--cigarettes.

i HATE playing slicers.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Head Liquimetal S4 strung at the recommended tension. NTRP = 4.5. huge forehand a la Steffi, developing two-handed backhand a la Hingis, decent serve with some pop, nice but inconsistent vollies. need to improve my footwork but who doesn't? ;) i play at least 8 hours per week.

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Yonex Rd 70 Power long pro(the one hingis won her first three slams with) strung w/Prince Pro-Blend at the max 65

Big forehand, consistant backhand, nice lefty serve. 4.5 rating.

·
Registered
12,956 Posts
Volkl Quantum 6 ( old but amazing :p)

Racket strung @ 30, I love tiring out my opponent, with moon balls and high angled top spin shots, then go for the winner, Or on other days im just a base line pounder. Depends on my mood :p

1 handed fore hand, 2 handed backhand, My serve is amazing, im comfortable serving and volleying, but not coming to the net on a normal shot, which is WEIRD! :confused:

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
i use the Wilson Hyper Hammer 6.3
using any durable string-- strung at 60 (i think its a 50-60 recommended racquet)

im a 2.5-3.5 sinlges player with an all court game, i tend to finish points at net
im a 3.5-5.0 doubles player with a great net game and my racquet is key for the put-away volleys

overall, i have a one handed forehand and a two handed backhand... and net i use the smae instead of switching to one hand for backhand

most of my shots are either topspin or hard and flat

weakest hit is my serve [im lucky if i hit over 70] ... and my backhand one-hand drop shots... sometimes for safety, ill hit a two handed slice... my backhand is much more consistant but my forehand is more powerful

both sides on volleys are good

1 - 13 of 13 Posts