Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Administrator, aka Nibbler
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do people often get your name wrong?

It happens a lot to me. People who I know, but who are not exactly good friends, usually call me Jeroen or Gunther. I hate it when they do that. I mean, is Jürgen so hard to remember? OK, Jeroen starts with a J and Gunther is also German but still.... :mad:

Anyway, I never make that mistake, I either remember a name or I don't. :D
Like last week I was walking on the uni campus and this girls calls my name. I turn around and recognise her but for the love of god, I can't remember her name. So she starts talking to me and all the time I keep thinking about when I last saw her, what she studies, etc just so that somehow her name would pop into my memory again. She goes to the library and so we say goodbye but I still don't know her name. And just when she enters the library, i remember! LIESBETH dammit! :bounce:

Anyone with the same or a similar problem?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
30,466 Posts
lol, people who don't know me to well sometimes call my Tracey (instead of Stacey :rolleyes: ), it happened with a couple of people when i started my course this year. Some people also think my name might be Stephanie or something :rolleyes: :p

I'm usually fairly good at remembering peoples names though ;)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
It's a common occurance...

Winston, Wilson, I've even been called Wilkinson...

What really pisses me off is when people get my first name wrong... it's NOT Joseph, It's not Jo (no boy has ever been called Jo), it's JOE! colloquially known as Joey which I accept.

It really pisses me off.

·
Registered
15,248 Posts
People never say my last name wrong but they always spell it wrong. Its quite hard to get my first name wrong (Emma) I guess Gemma could be but its not really.

·
Registered
18,948 Posts
Xavier_Malisse said:
No chance. Jen gave me the name, so it had to include a swear word. 'Shitty' is easier for her to say. 'Lousy' is a bit too profound.
wow Xav, glad you've grown some balls :D
Way to stick it to Jen

·
Registered
433 Posts
Well, I can only stick it to Jen, cos I can't stick it in Jen. I still wish I could satisfy that girl. But she's insatiable and I'm shit.

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
ALL the time.

halle, molly, polly, dolly, everything except HOLLY

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
People ALWAYS have my last name wrong. Its really a rarity when I get it spelled correctly.
My first name is Fernando. So, it's not easy to have a mistake there. Although, I remember once someone wrote it Dernando, with a D. That was the ONE time I heard of such a name. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
18,948 Posts
decemberlove said:
ALL the time.

halle, molly, polly, dolly, everything except HOLLY
I know a girl named Holly...her full name is Holiday, and I like it better, so I call her that. From now on, love, you are Holiday.

·
Registered
6,247 Posts
The best was in my Accounting Information Systems class in college. My professor was this guy who thought he was cool because he used to manage a McDonalds as well.

One of the students in the class was one of the annoying older students who would always try to kiss some ass. His name was Jim. One day he was speaking and the professor was like "You remind me of a guy who worked for me at McDonalds. From now on, I'm calling you Mark." The guy was like "but my name is Jim". It didn't matter, he was Mark from then on out. One of the most blatant and humorous displays of dominance I have ever seen from a professor. Ah, those were the days.

·
Registered
18,948 Posts
Rebecca said:
People sometimes hear my name is Rebecca and assume that this means I like to be called Becky... which is not true at all.
*whiny cheerleader voice*
But Beckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

What do you prefer? Rebecca or Becca?

·
Banned
10,399 Posts
But becky, that's such a beautiful nick :angel::p

I blame my pastor for turning me satanic. If he wouldn't have called me josh, i wouldn't have gotten mad, and i'd be a nice christian boy rightnow.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts