Macchu Picchu and Ankor Wat

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rebecca said:
Leaning Tower of Pisa all the way :)
Friends of mine have been there, and they say it's nothing special! :confused:

I voted for 'Taj Mahal' after an agonizing decision - lol - purely because it looks the most beautiful and peaceful out of them all.

BTW, these are obviously "Seven Modern wonders of the world". I might do the others later. :p

·
Registered
34,273 Posts
Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, even if it's not finished yet
where's the Sidney opera house? or Brasilia's Cathedral? or the City of Arts and Sciences in Valencia? of Guggenheim museum in Bilbao or the one in NY, Petronas towers ....and so on
Taj mahal and great chinese walls are modern???? :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
The Eiffel Tower :)

Only one I've been to from the places on this list.

·
Miss Verstand
16,531 Posts
hagia sophia :worship:

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,438 Posts
I voted the Great Wall Of China - Unfortunately I haven't seen any of them, but that is the one I'd probably most like to see. Taj Mahal was a very very close second :)

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
The Great Wall of China! I was gonna go there this summer until SARS came and ruined my plans :sad:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Anton, Hagia Sophia is a magnificent Byzantine cathedral built by the Emperor Justinian in Istanbul. It's since been converted to a mosque, but no less spectacular for that.

I'd say it's a toss-up between that and the Taj Mahal, surely one of the most serenely beautiful buildings on earth!

By the way, Sam L, what was your source for these, as I've seen other candidates for 'modern' wonders in other books???? (nice thread, by the way :wavey: )

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
:wavey:

since when Empire State Building, Hagia Sophia, and Washington Monument being included in the 7 wonders of the world? :rolleyes:

It must be, Borobudur Temple, Giza Piramide, and Ka'Bah.

Or maybe this is the 3rd version? :confused: :eek:

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
propi said:
Taj mahal and great chinese walls are modern???? :confused: :confused: :confused:
You've got to understand that these wonders are from an almost European perspective, which is why they were lumped as being 'modern'. As you may have noticed the 'ancient' wonders are almost exclusively from the Meditteranean region.

vancourerite - I found this on the Internet. If you have different ones, I'd be interested to know them, feel free to post them. ;)

Thanks for voting and contributing guys! ;)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts