Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
1,931 Posts
You can't get more then 250 results from a search on the site. Any more causes a lot of strain on the system.

My advice would be to try and narrow down on the search terms as much as you can (specific sections, search by title, etc.) or if that doesn't work, maybe try using Google to assist you. They have search power to spare.

Kevin

·
Registered
823 Posts
You can't get more then 250 results from a search on the site. Any more causes a lot of strain on the system.

My advice would be to try and narrow down on the search terms as much as you can (specific sections, search by title, etc.) or if that doesn't work, maybe try using Google to assist you. They have search power to spare.

Kevin
How do I google search TF posts without going to google.com and typing TennisForum? The results are in the billions. :help: Is there a google search box on the TF site that is escaping me?

·
Registered
35,934 Posts

[-]
Kevin
If the webdev team enabled effective search limits that wouldn't be a problem. "A year ago or older" may have been apt ten years ago but now it's ridiculous. Implement a custom date range for searches.

·
Administrator
1,931 Posts
How do I google search TF posts without going to google.com and typing TennisForum? The results are in the billions. :help: Is there a google search box on the TF site that is escaping me?
You should see it on the right side of the screen. There are 2 of them actually, one in the side bar and one at the top. That is, if you are using the Desktop view of the site at the moment.

Or if you type into google what you are looking for, then add site:tennisforum.com, it will only gives you results for that search term as it appears on the forum

If the webdev team enabled effective search limits that wouldn't be a problem. "A year ago or older" may have been apt ten years ago but now it's ridiculous. Implement a custom date range for searches.
That's a good point. I'll see what I can come up with for a more current/customized search. By chance, have you seen this feature on any other forums?

Kevin

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
That's a good point. I'll see what I can come up with for a more current/customized search. By chance, have you seen this feature on any other forums?

Kevin
No I haven't see it on forums though TF is pretty much the only forum I use. I've seen it on a few news sites. And since TF functions in many ways as a clearing house for tennis news, results, etc it seems appropriate.

·
Administrator
1,931 Posts
Can you send us the links to the new sites where you see this function? We can take a look and see if it's compatible on our site. We appreciate the help.

-Nate

·
Registered
14,694 Posts
Agreed with the OP

Something drastic has occured: multiple words (in bracket or not) can no longer be searched

1 - 12 of 12 Posts