Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
What's happening with this young Canadian?
She'll be fine. They are just very careful that she doesn't come back too early. Their #1 priority is to play the Rogers Cup (hopefully) for her match scheduled for the 6th of August, 3 weeks from now. Perhaps she won't play in Washington as preparation.
She only had a muscle tear in her shoulder, but it needed some precious time to heal. They think she shouldn't have recurring issues with it. She'll surely be rusty at the Rogers Cup if she has to skip Washington though.

·
Registered
527 Posts
She'll be fine. They are just very careful that she doesn't come back too early. Their #1 priority is to play the Rogers Cup (hopefully) for her match scheduled for the 6th of August, 3 weeks from now. Perhaps she won't play in Washington as preparation.
She only had a muscle tear in her shoulder, but it needed some precious time to heal. They think she shouldn't have recurring issues with it. She'll surely be rusty at the Rogers Cup if she has to skip Washington though.
She has to be back in Toronto! :tennis:

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
She has to be back in Toronto! :tennis:
She will or it would be a financial disaster, because every year Toronto's attendance with the women is disappointing. With Bianca this year they have an opportunity to make it a big success if she wins a few matches at least. Fingers crossed

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
She will or it would be a financial disaster, because every year Toronto's attendance with the women is disappointing. With Bianca this year they have an opportunity to make it a big success if she wins a few matches at least. Fingers crossed
I was there in 2015 (when Bencic won) when Genie was still looking like she had a promising future, and the place was packed the entire tournament... Only Sharapova and Giorgi were missing from eligible players from the tournament...

If Bianca is able to make it this year, I suspect the tournament will be packed again 🤔

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
She'll be fine. They are just very careful that she doesn't come back too early.

If only they had been equally careful about not letting her get hurt in the first place. Andreescu sacrificed half the '019 season (the more important half) just to play Miami. It seems like her people got greedy trying to capitalize on the publicity from the IW win.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Seems like another young modern player more interested in social media than tennis, could you imagine the likes of Graf or Henin wasting their time conveying an image/building up a following on this nonsense. Players today much more interested in being instagram stars or 'influencer's, give me a break.

·
Registered
22,749 Posts
sucks for her injury, but tbh she always rubbed me the wrong way for being just so trashy, entitled and arrogant.
maybe a blessing in disguise if she got some reality check early, she def could be great in the future.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Seems like another young modern player more interested in social media than tennis, could you imagine the likes of Graf or Henin wasting their time conveying an image/building up a following on this nonsense. Players today much more interested in being instagram stars or 'influencer's, give me a break.
Projecting much? :lol:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
If only they had been equally careful about not letting her get hurt in the first place. Andreescu sacrificed half the '019 season (the more important half) just to play Miami. It seems like her people got greedy trying to capitalize on the publicity from the IW win.
I felt for sure watching the whole Kerber match that she would have given a walkover after that win... If nothing more comes of the injury at least fans had that rematch the following week...

She also had to play 3 straight days after a cancelled night match... None of it added up to good news... Hoping she figures out how to stay healthy and active on tour for a whole season at a time...

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Perhaps she insisted on playing in Miami because her parents made the trip from Toronto especially to see her play and they missed Indian Wells unfortunately for them.

·
Registered
873 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
sucks for her injury, but tbh she always rubbed me the wrong way for being just so trashy, entitled and arrogant.
maybe a blessing in disguise if she got some reality check early, she def could be great in the future.
Don’t mistake being confident, well spoken, and poise, for being trashy... She’s nothing of the sort.

·
Registered
7,529 Posts
I blame Miami for their policy of not reseeding the women after IW. Had they done that, Bianca would have been a seed, and gets a first round bye to give her rest, and more time to consider if she can really play or should she withdraw due to injury. Miami is literally making the draw after the women's IW final, so they have to know what the rankings will look like on Monday. But they still don't reseed the players.

·
Registered
510 Posts

·
Registered
14,043 Posts
She did not feel like the shoulder injury was big issue. Her shoulder was supposed to be 100% at FO but it barely lasted one set

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
:eek:h:
Karma has been good to you when it gives you $1,680,455 US in less than 3 months, followed by a few months of rest and vacations. ;)

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
You're comparing apples with pears. There was no social media during Graff or Henin times, and probably they would have had IG if available.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts