Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can tell this tournament is no good, and most of these girls don't belong on anybody tennis court. Some of them can't even get on the board. This just goes to show the quality of the opponents at IW, it's almost laughable. No wonder ESPN refuse to show the first wk of the women tournament. They would have been better off just showing the Semifinals and Final.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
i agree.

·
Registered
13,509 Posts
tennisjay said:
You can tell this tournament is no good, and most of these girls don't belong on anybody tennis court. Some of them can't even get on the board. This just goes to show the quality of the opponents at IW, it's almost laughable. No wonder ESPN refuse to show the first wk of the women tournament. They would have been better off just showing the Semifinals and Final.
:retard: not all matches are going to be 7/6 6/7 7/6

plus, the quarters haven't even been played yet :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Exactly my point in another thread...the WTA needs work because alot of times tourneys are boring until u get to the Qtrs & even then it's hit or miss. Either people injured or absent.

·
Banned
6,444 Posts
tennisjay said:
Actually, most of the top players in the world are handing the young ones a smack down. It means they are playing extremely well and playing to their potential which will make for great tennis week two.

This years IW is reminiscent of a time in the WTA when the top players played well and winning easily in the early rounds, which is how the pecking order is supposed to play out. It is refreshing that the top players are once again establishing themselves as favorites, instead of poor-formed, injured weaklings.

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
oh, please. just have balls to say it: I hate IW because what they allegedly did to you-know-who and I still can't get over it and the more the tournament is successfull, the worse I will feel.

·
Banned
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tenn_ace said:
oh, please. just have balls to say it: I hate IW because what they allegedly did to you-know-who and I still can't get over it and the more the tournament is successfull, the worse I will feel.

No, I like IW I just hope they move it to a different part of Cal or to Texas where people would come out and support the tennis players.

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
^ as long as men's tennis is where it is today, this tournament will be SUCCESSFUL. Just attend a day at this tournament to see it.

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
tennisjay said:
No, I like IW I just hope they move it to a different part of Cal or to Texas where people would come out and support the tennis players.
Yeah, you sure do. Have you been to this tournament this year to say that people didn't come out to support? :rolleyes: as always, blah-blah-blah

1 - 13 of 13 Posts