Tennis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another pullout for Pete

It comes as no surprise that Pete Sampras pulled out of next week's U.S. Clay Court Championships in Houston on Thursday, the fifth straight tournament in which he has withdrawn.

Sampras, who hasn't played a tournament since winning the '02 US Open last September, has pulled out of all five tournaments he entered this year: San Jose, Scottsdale, Indian Wells, Miami and Houston.

Last week, the seven-time Wimbledon champion asked for a wild card into the Queens Club grass court tournament, which is played the week before Wimbledon. However, his brother Gus said that Pete's Queens request was not a solid indication that Pete will come back.

Sampras is still hitting some at UCLA and doing a fair amount of off-court training. He and his wife, the actress Bridgette Wilson, put their $8.9 million LA palace on the market last month, but a real estate source told Inside Tennis that they have now taken it off the block.

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
TC, I'm thinking you have secret crush on Pete, as you seem to post about him a lot.

Pete has a billion committments and will be pulling out of each and every one of them until the grasscourt season, when he will get serious.

Even though Andre will soon be #1, Pete still wants to show him whose boss..

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sheesh, i can't believe that i never figured that out before :eek: i am in love with the Android!!!! :eek:

OK now, let me go put myself out of my misery...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts