Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw her today, she looked like a different person, very different of the player I saw in Paris.

She played a little better, her game has improved with relation to the rest of the year but still has a long way to go.

But her attitude is what surprised me, she actually looked happy on court, she smiled several times, even smiled at her own errors. She celebrated at the end with... oh surprise, a smile.

something has changed, I don't know what it can be but it's certainly having a positive effect on Jelena

·
Registered
745 Posts
would it be the same had she lost the match?

actually, she started very tense in the first but once she found her range, she became confident about herself. Yeah, she played well.:)

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sunnysideup said:
would it be the same had she lost the match?

actually, she started very tense in the first but once she found her range, she became confident about herself. Yeah, she played well.:)

if she had lost she certainly wouldn't have celebrated at the end :cool:

but she was smiling during the match and she looked happy, when she obvioulsy didn't know she was going to win, something I haven't seen her doing for a long, long time.

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
33 winners to 25 errors. she certsinly has improved.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
2,023 Posts
Jelena was fantastic last night/yesterday! First time in a long time I haven't been screaming at her from my sofa!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
You'd certainly hope she'd be playing a bit better by noiw, she's been off for so long!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I think the real test will be when she plays someone who has some power or variety in her game, which Widjaja blatantly didn't have.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
she played great! booming winners from both sides!
I was happy to see her playing well again

1 - 14 of 14 Posts