Tennis Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She hasn't beaten a top fifty player this year!

BRISBANE ....... R32 [41] ERRANI .......... L 6-7 6-4 6-0
SYDNEY ......... R32 [72] ZAKOPALOVA ...... W 6-3 6-0
SYDNEY ......... R16 [10] RADWANSKA ....... L 6-3 7-5
AUS OPEN ....... 128 [57] DELLACQUA ....... W 7-6 6-4
AUS OPEN ....... R64 [87] JOHANSSON ....... W 6-3 4-6 6-3
AUS OPEN ....... R32 [16] CORNET .......... L 4-6 6-4 6-2
PARIS .......... R32 [53] MAKAROVA ........ W 6-2 6-2
PARIS .......... R16 [13] CORNET .......... L 1-6 6-4 6-2
DUBAI .......... R64 [**] VOEGELE ......... W 7-5 6-2
DUBAI .......... R32 [74] MORITA .......... W 7-6 6-2
DUBAI .......... R16 [58] RAZZANO ......... L 6-2 1-6 6-2
INDIAN WELLS ... R64 [73] WICKMAYER ....... W 5-7 6-3 7-6
INDIAN WELLS ... R32 [71] CETKOVSKA ....... W 7-5 7-5
INDIAN WELLS ... R16 [29] BAMMER .......... L 6-3 6-2
MIAMI .......... R64 [**] OUDIN ........... W 4-6 6-3 6-2
MIAMI .......... R32 [23] CHAKVETADZE ..... L 6-3 6-1

[**] Ranked worse than #99

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
she's falling downhill, she's my favorite but idk if she'll ever be the same

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
SI Swimsuit curse.

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
she's falling downhill, she's my favorite but idk if she'll ever be the same
She's not even 26 yet. There's been no news of leg injuries. She made the OZ final in doubles. Ifel like I say the same five word sentence in every other thread.

THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH HER.

Okay she's not gonna see the top five again, but she's better than Cornet, Wozniacki, Pavlyuchenkova, et al. Her ranking has slipped to #43, and inthe race she's #23, meaning she's playing BETTER than she did last year, and she's losing to less-than-elite players.

·
Registered
8,687 Posts
She's a confidence player, and right now she has about zero confidence. She may pick it up, but I think she's beyond her best years now.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
She's a confidence player, and right now she has about zero confidence. She may pick it up, but I think she's beyond her best years now.
Agreed. She may have a few good tournaments left in her, but I just don't ever see her winning a GS, or being back in the top 10. I'm just saying.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
I agree--with her it's 90% mental.

She just needs to say "F-it"--and go for it--she's got nothing to lose!

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I think she does well in doubles because Sugiyama is quite tough mentally. Otherwise she's a mess really. I don't think the AO SF loss helped her much, followed up with a foot injury.

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think she does well in doubles because Sugiyama is quite tough mentally. Otherwise she's a mess really. I don't think the AO SF loss helped her much, followed up with a foot injury.
Does Sugiyama coach her in the tournaments that allow coaching? Should she? Sugiyama's got a lot of BJK in her. Very 'up', very encouraging.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
she's a bit shite. but hopefully temporarily

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Her game is fine. Dani is very weak mentally. That's the major reason why her results are so streaky.

·
Premium Member
27,415 Posts
We all wrote her off in late 2003, beginning of 2004, when she had those weight issues and whatever... Daniela will rebound, her game is too good for her to be ranked in the top 30, she´s top 10 material! I love watching her play every point!

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts
Dani is the only player in the world who can make Lena look calm, cool, collected and consistent. She's been a yoyo for as long as I can remember. I wouldn't write her off yet. I think she has some good results left in her. How many and how long I can't say.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts