Tennis Forum banner

Should we contacting players? or just come and watch matches quietly and leave alone

• Mind our business, watch the match and clap, thats it

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Only get autographs during signing sessions or if they are clearly into it

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Its fine to pass notes, letters and write emails. Do whatever comes natural

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Contacting players is a distraction to them, and is really no help

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No holds barred - if nobody is "preventing" me from contacting them, i will do it

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • STFU, stupidest poll eva!

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally ive never had much of a bad experience with any player. There were a couple of times before matches that i asked a player for an autograph but i learned and not do it again. I PERSONALLY feel responsible for Dokic's bad streak cause i asked her before a semi final many years back and pretty soon after that, she started choking. It must be hard to handle all of the attention from people you dont know. I dont think the simple "Well they are famous and if they wont be well known, they have to expect the attention". Tennis players are not dancing bears, not tap dancers, etc they are just human athletes. And surely their favourite fans, are the ones that just come to the matches, take a few pictures and clap at the end of the match. They might not "mind" a bit more attention than that, and some newcomers actually seem to "enjoy" a bit of signing and picture taking but surely it doesnt last forever. What do you think?

Oh and incidentally, I admit i have passed notes for someone 2ice, and they were very well received. but id NEVER do it again. :bounce:

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Every time I wank, while thinking of Iroda (6 times a day, on average) I shoot my load into one of those large plastic one litre Cola bottles. When it’s full to the brim, I’m going to send it to her and say it’s a ‘special energy drink’. I guess I should vote option 3 in poll, yes?

·
Registered
40,091 Posts
You can do whatever you want.

BUT DO NOT BE TOO INTRUSIVE into players' lives.
They have enough to worry about as it is. Do not add uncessary burden to their daily lives. They need to feel safe at their hotels, on the tennis grounds, etc..

·
Banned
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mike_T said:
Every time I wank, while thinking of Iroda (6 times a day, on average) I shoot my load into one of those large plastic one litre Cola bottles. When it’s full to the brim, I’m going to send it to her and say it’s a ‘special energy drink’. I guess I should vote option 3 in poll, yes?
Really? Only 6 times a day? :lol:

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Preparation is part of performance. I certainly wouldn't interrupt a player BEFORE a match.

However, having a come up to you and comment on a performance (yes, I have actually had this happen) is kind of an ego boost. And it never happened to me enough that I got tired of it. Mind you, nobody ever asked me for an autograph though, or called me at home. Just commented they'd seen me in whatever show I was doing.

It's gotta be different if you're Venus Williams. A million phone calls, a million autographs, so much fan mail you hire people to answer it. Not to mention hate mail, stalkers and tennis fans from Indian Wells. If I ran into Venus Williams reading in a coffee shop not being bother by anybody, I'd be a bit hesitant about interrupting her. Then again, what are the odds on that?

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
Mike_T said:
Doesn't it go solid?

·
Banned
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Volcana said:
However, having a come up to you and comment on a performance (yes, I have actually had this happen) is kind of an ego boost. And it never happened to me enough that I got tired of it. Mind you, nobody ever asked me for an autograph though, or called me at home. Just commented they'd seen me in whatever show I was doing.
What circus do you perform with Volcana? :lol: :wavey:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts