Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She is a good player no doubt.....

But she could/should be much better than what she is. I think she could be like a Demetieva a challenge for big titles and such. I mean she has the game to trouble and beat players but whats stopping her?

·
Registered
11,042 Posts
I wonder this myself. She is capable of playing great tennis, but most of the time it's not up to that level. I think for a long time fitness held her back, but I think she's getting better with that this year. I definitely find it surprising that she has yet to win a top level (Tier II, Tier I, or Premier) title yet. She should have by now in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I think she's too heavy set. She needs to lose a bit of weight still and gain some speed. I think that's how she'll become a top contender.

·
Chip 'n Charge
13,691 Posts
she needs to work on speed and movement. because she has killer angels and punishing groundstrokes and great ball direction changes. but her mobility can disable her at times.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
I don't know... maybe the hearts and souls of millions of tennis fans praying in unison? :lol:

(I'm sure she's a nice girl though!)

·
Registered
32,276 Posts
She toned up a lot.
Her dad is a doctor and he previously said it was a good thing she had some "over"weight because it added power to her shots.

He's making her do all sorts of things.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Mz911-2NU
She's not so fast and she can't strecht out because she plays both hands.

I think it has to do with the facts that she did some tests and her physical abilities are very poor, someting like a child or so if I remember correctly.

·
MA5HA
33,778 Posts
She toned up a lot.
Her dad is a doctor and he previously said it was a good thing she had some "over"weight because it added power to her shots.

He's making her do all sorts of things.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Mz911-2NU
She's not so fast and she can't strecht out because she plays both hands.

I think it has to do with the facts that she did some tests and her physical abilities are very poor, someting like a child or so if I remember correctly.
:rolls: She's so weird.

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wonder how Marion "Daniela" Bartoli played.

That girl was stick thin at one point.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
nothing.

she is an excellent player, she just doesn't win big titles!

don't get it twisted :p

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Bartoli is a really good player, and I know she's been working on different fitness methods since last year. She isn't overweight, I think that seems a misconception for some people. But she's getting there, look at her record this year: finalist in Brisbane (l. Azarenka), QF of Australian Open, beating Jankovic (l. Zvonareva) and then she had to pull out of Dubai in the QF with foot problems - doctor told her there was noting that could be done with the blisters on her feet. Two weeks later and she's in the final in Monterrey. She hasn't done much wrong this year and if she can keep it going, hopefully 2009 will bring her the success she deserves.

·
Premium Member
40,059 Posts
Her serve to me is still a bit suspect, and she could have more dynamic movement, but she's a good player for sure.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts