Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it clay? She lost in the 3rd round of RG last year and she lost in the 1st in 2000. She also had 3 consecutive losses on clay in 2001...

Or is it grass? She's never won a title on it. Her best Wimbledon performance is a QF in 2001, losing in 2 short sets to Lindsay Davenport.
She was upset by Pisnik in 's Hertogenbosch last year and she lost in the 2nd round of Wimbledon!

What do you think and why?

·
Registered
16,198 Posts
She plays worse on clay, but she's one of the best on clay. Get it?? ;)

On clay she doesn't have the competition she has on grass (Like Lindsay who is way more dangerous on grass) what makes her one of the best on that surface.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Kim's worst surface is clay, as she said so herself.
As a junior, grass was her best surface, the reason why she hasn't won a title on it is simply because there are so few grass tournaments and she hardly commits to them.
I have the feeling Kim will do very well on grass this year.

Reactions: SJW

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Clay is her "worst" surface. Last year she had a shoulderinjury, remember? ;)

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
she's good on every surface! maybe a little weak on clay, but look! she was a finalist at French Open, beat Venus in Hamburg!

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
Let me see, she has reached a Grand Slam Final at Roland GArros (and almost won :eek) and she has never been to a even a semis at Wimbledon.... I think Grass is worst for her.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
I think we shouldn't focus too hard on last year's results 'cause (just as Bigkimfan says) she was injured and played incredibly bad. I'll make a decision after Wimbledon. :)

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
"Kim's worst surface is clay, as she said so herself."

why do the players I like always say they are not good on clay? what's up with that? :eek: ;)

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
ans said:
I think we shouldn't focus too hard on last year's results 'cause (just as Bigkimfan says) she was injured and played incredibly bad. I'll make a decision after Wimbledon. :)
I agree. But injury aside Kim is a much better player now than she was this time last year. We are yet to see what the new and improved kim can do on both clay and grass! :D

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Clay is not her worst surface. I think she plays great on clay and clay fits her game. I think grass is the most difficult surface for her.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Grass is her worst surface. You cant get to the Roland Garros final and almost win if you're not a good clay courter. I wouldnt call her a great grass courter just yet.

·
Banned
41 Posts
yup, it's gotta be grass,
i dont know why she would say clay,
coz she sure doesnt look like it,
i guess that's probably coz she likes speed more

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
It´s hard to think Clay is Kim´s worst surface when she keeps sliding on hardcourts as if it were clay.
She seems to think that she is on clay most of the times :eek:

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
She is even yet to beat Justine on grass, that tells the story :p

·
Registered
520 Posts
bis2806 said:
she loses on all the courts coz she can't run.... too fat :eek:
There we go again with the 'kim is fat' story.
Pathetic :rolleyes:
Kim can't run, please, she is pretty fast.

I also think grass is her worst surface.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,023 Posts
Even if she says it is clay, lets do not mix "favourite" surfaces and "best" surfaces..

Her worst surface must be the one where she has the worst chances to beat current top players. US hardcourts, that is.

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
CLAY :)
In 2001 she made the final of Rosmalen and the quarters of Wimbly and in 1999 the 4th round of Wimbly on GS debut, I don't think she has actually shown her best on grass yet. It is faster than clay, and that helps Kim a lot.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
ans said:
Kim wasn't injured during the clay season, she was in a slump, and that's it. She was injured from end of the Australian Open till Indian Wells. She just was in a bad slump during that time.

As for my opinion, grass is her worst surface, it doesn't suit her game. She's a retriever, especially against the top players, and clay is perfect for that. If anything, I would think clay is her best surface.

Reactions: [email protected]
1 - 20 of 30 Posts