Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
It's beyond annoying - it makes me want to get my information elsewhere. This is not good.

·
Registered
34,111 Posts
10 seconds to load a page :eek:

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Well, during my days in IT, I managed hundreds of server cutovers, and never saw anything this bad. Of course, in my day, we would actually test the new servers before cutting them over... but I guess they don't do that anymore. And seriously, implementing HTTPS is not that big a deal... frankly, I'm surprised they've taking so long to do this.

:tears:

·
Registered
39,073 Posts
This is not handeled professionally at all. I've seen other forums migrate to new servers, upgrade to new software etc. In those cases, it was communicated well in advance, everyone knew it would take a couple days, and then it was all fine. Also, we are having a grand slam, not sure why you would schedule such important things exactly during peak user interest times. I've been on this forum since 2003. I feel 2018 has actually been an exciting season again, but with message boards dying in general, such problems will have a negative impact on posting numbers for sure. Feeling sad and a little upset.

·
Registered
37,339 Posts

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
TBH I'm surprised people are still posting. For me, even though I get into many weight topics in NT, posting here is about having fun. So until it's that again and not the slog it is now, I don't use it. Other than commenting on the issue now and then.

·
Registered
25,273 Posts
The owners have been trying for years to kill this place completely. The password change and now the dial-up server speed have been major inconveniences. Why do they hate this place so much? I've been coming here for so long and it's sad to see the destruction of a once-thriving community.

·
Registered
15,371 Posts
Re: WTF is Wrong With This Slow Ass Forum?

It is absurd!!!! I thought it was just me. I was cussin my ISP out!!!

·
Registered
52,285 Posts

It's been ridiculously slow for a while now.
It's annoying to have to wait forever for refresh and to post. :help:

·
Registered
4,426 Posts

I avoid checking my notifications because it takes so long.

Whenever I click on a new link I go and check my emails and social media too because I know it's going to take FOREVER to load.

So annoying. TF is already quiet these days, and this is making it even less useable :sad:

·
Registered
1,375 Posts

the owner of this forum is being cheap and downgraded the internet speed, and this is the result of that.

21 - 40 of 181 Posts