Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Admin
65,533 Posts
That´s a known problem, webmasters are working on it already!

Hi folks. Apologies for the delay with this. It's not at all that the owners are not interested. Our biggest issue at the moment is that our entire technical team is handling the migration of all of our sites to a new server as well as implementing HTTPS post migration. It's been a really big task and has required all hands on deck, so to speak. Both processes (migration and HTTPS) are known to cause some bugs/glitches in the process, so the team is also trying to manage major fixes that might have resulted. The slowness reported here on tennisforum has been noted (I just checked the reporting document and saw that Kevin has added it already), so hopefully the techs will be able to have a look at this soon.

In the meantime, we truly apologize for any inconvenience!

Cheers,
Erik

·
Registered
14,691 Posts
Is this also related to the similar last day or two bug that disables buttons?

The "post quick reply" button below page for example randomly stops working (nothing happens after you compose and hit send) while the right next door "go advanced" button stays functional

·
Registered
34,111 Posts
I hope this gets fixed soon. It does stop me from going on this site.

·
Registered
27,290 Posts
I see people complain and surprised about the apparent lack of interest in some threads, many matches that never get a result thread, etc but It’s really unsurprising to see such a drop in traffic in GM and even worse in Non Tennis, which used to be so active.
It’s really annoying to use TF these days and if this isn’t fixed soon, more users will leave.

It’s tragic to see what this site has become lately :sad:

·
Blighted and solo
43,895 Posts
Fix it jesus!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Servers are bad rn....yesterday it was taking almost 3-4 mins for me to post in live commentary thread...just ridiculously slow...reminds me of internet in my childhood :lol:

·
Administrator
1,928 Posts
Sorry for the inconvenience,

I looked into the doc and it was already reported.
Just waiting for some news and feedback from the techs at the moment.
Will keep you all posted when I get some news on this.

Ed

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I see people complain and surprised about the apparent lack of interest in some threads, many matches that never get a result thread, etc but It’s really unsurprising to see such a drop in traffic in GM and even worse in Non Tennis, which used to be so active.
It’s really annoying to use TF these days and if this isn’t fixed soon, more users will leave.

It’s tragic to see what this site has become lately :sad:
Because NT was moved to the bottom of the list which is hard to find (it doesn't even appear on the menu bar!). I don't understand what is the reason behind this change. :shrug: If the board admins hate to see posters talking about non-tennis related topics, that's too bad because NT is one of the reasons people kept coming back for the last few years.

·
Administrator
62,473 Posts
Because NT was moved to the bottom of the list which is hard to find (it doesn't even appear on the menu bar!). I don't understand what is the reason behind this change. :shrug: If the board admins hate to see posters talking about non-tennis related topics, that's too bad because NT is one of the reasons people kept coming back for the last few years.
NT's been at the bottom ever since I've been an Admin - but you do raise an interesting point.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
76,807 Posts
I don't understand what is the reason behind this change. :shrug:
NT's been at the bottom ever since I've been an Admin - but you do raise an interesting point.
It was moved in 2010. Decision that was taken above the admins back then. Because "having threads that have nothing to do with tennis at the top of the board is not good for the integrity or the image it portrays to new users or potential supporting vendors and sponsors".

·
Registered
22,749 Posts
was wondering the same thing. hopefully it's going to be sorted out soon, right now the usability of this board is almost unbearable. :unsure:

·
Registered
81,378 Posts
10 days now ( or even more)..you can´t tell me that you are not able to fix a server problem in ten days..it is just disrespectful.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts