Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She was a BIG subject of bashin some time ago.
What happened to her????

·
Registered
55 Posts
I heard she's slingin' the plates at Don Pablos these days. ;)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
I know her dad's really ill at the moment, but on the tennis front, I have no idea

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
she just wasn`t as good as she thought she was. that`s what happened with her on the tennisfront.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Sad thing about it all is that unless she does prove she knows how to play the game, she will go down in history as the tennis player who wasn't.

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
Monique's father is extremely ill at the moment with ( stomach? ) cancer so it's a tough time for her. Mark Newman from this board sent her emails from people wishing her family all the best and she took the time to reply and thank everyone for their thoughts which was very sweet of her I thought.
She apparently had planned to commit more to playing more satellite level tournaments but has withdrawn from them to be with her father. She has played one tournament this year and lost a three setter in her first match.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
But you said it anyway :(

Yes, Monique has withdrawn from upcoming events to spend time with her father who is battling stomach cancer, with little success at the moment I am sorry to say. It is a tough time for her but I do believe she has responded to everyone who wrote to wish her well, which is a lovely thing to do. She has always responded to my e-mails and there aren't many players who do.

Sadly all the hype that surrounded her when she began her tennis career has made her subsequent results seem embarrassing and the hype did her a lot of damage. She also struggled with injuries last year. Her father's illness is more important to her than tennis right now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts