Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont understand how she has slumped from this time last year... its shocking to think that 12 months from being a top 20 player she could be out of the top 100 althouther.

·
Banned
42 Posts
i'm wondering about that...
she was such an talented young girl
when she took out Monica Seles in US Open,
and yes, i still remember that match... :drool:

dont think she is talented enough to be TOP 10 though,
no doubt she WAS the most impressive newcomer in 2000,
but talent-wise, i just dont think she is up there with
Daniela, Kim, and Jelena, those 83's kids.......
dont think it's a good feeling for Daja seeing Daniela passing her,
but anyways, good luck

·
Registered
13,985 Posts
She shouldn't be ranked so low! It's just wrong!!!
But every time I think of her I'll remember that US Open match against Serena. Daja wasn't playing bad at all but Serena was just :eek:
I had never seen her play like that before, she was devastating.

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
Daja missed the first couple of hardcourt events in AMerica beacuae of a achilles injury, she lost first round in quallies in Toronto and NEw Haven. She has struggled all year, in fact really her struggle began when she split with her dad as coach around Zurich last year, since then she has hardly won a match.

At the moment hte only thing holding her in top100 is last years US Open points so she will probably fall out next month :sad: I was also told hs eapplied ofr German citizenship, Idon't know if this means she is thinking of changing who she plays for though.

With Daja's game if her serve is on the rest of her game fall sinto place, but if it is off the rest just doesn't work and this year her serve has been off a lot

·
Premium Member
38,993 Posts
kim&lleytonrule said:
in fact really her struggle began when she split with her dad as coach around Zurich last year, since then she has hardly won a match.
does this sound familiar or what?
poor daja, i really hope she'll turn things around soon.

·
Registered
122,495 Posts
Daja is on the commitment list in Sedona, Arizona. It's in two weeks.
Check the challenger forum.

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Last time I saw her she was getting crushed by one of the Williams sisters in FedCup play. Lowell Mass.

·
Registered
31,563 Posts
hope she starts to get the wins and get her confidence going again...

best of luck Daja!!!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Go Daja, hope she can quickly turn her career back on the right track, DONT DO A MIRJANA JOB!!! LOL!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.