Tennis Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a report for school on the ideal nutrition plan for female tennis players. Can you give me an idea on what some of your favorite players like to eat in order to stay healthy. Please only list your favorites and don't waste time making fun of somebody else's favorite. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
10,834 Posts
Pasta

Pasta

Pasta

Pasta

Banana

Pasta

Pasta

Pasta

Pasta

Reactions: CanIGetAWhat

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
i don't know what my fav players eat specifically but i do know that pasta is a big part of an athlete's diet and soome eat quite a bit of protein. past (carb's) give them their energy and protein helps with strength. if the player does a lot of weight training then they should be having protein in their diet especially the meal after they do their weights. but i don't know specific foods.

but i'll give you a list of the sort of foods they might eat.

carbohydrates-rich foods:

breads (toast, sandwich, rolls - toast with baked beans or tinned spaghetti is a very high-fibre choice)
breakfast cereal
pasta
rice
noodles
fruit (in all its forms)
vegetables like potatoes and corn (starchy veggies)
legumes
cereal, breakfast, muslie bars
sweetened low-fat dairy foods like yogurt, fruche, fruit smoothes
pancakes, scones (foods made with flour)

you can also get more energy by adding things like sugar, jam and syrup to what you are eating.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I remember i read an article some where about whatg dokic ate everyday. it was like:

Breakfast: Eggs, juice, toast

Lunch: Lots of pasta and breads

Dinner: Any meats and only meats

And as snacks she usually said she eats a lot of fruit like she said she eats a container of strawberries perday, watermelon, and other fruits, hope this helps!!

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Myriam Casanova- McDonalds and Pork Rhinds
No Seriously She has a lymph problem.

Emmanuelle Gagliardi enjoys Indian Cuisine and Yoghurt.

Also Patty used to drink alot of Orange Juice ;)

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I know that when I was coming on the tour Billie Jean King told me that if I was going to get anywhere I would have to change my diet-No more junk food like Hot dogs and popscicles, but healthy food, Billie Jean suggested: lots of tuna, clams (particularly gray ones), porkchop sandwiches, tacos (she suggested pink ones, which I have never heard of), pie, whisker biscuits, etc. etc.

It seemed to work for BJK and I think that Martina was also on that diet as well.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
She's not really a favourite, but Nicole Pratt eats Banana Cakes as a treat. Daily, she eats pasta, rice and fruits. For dinner, her mantra is: anything goes.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
PamShriver said:
I know that when I was coming on the tour Billie Jean King told me that if I was going to get anywhere I would have to change my diet-No more junk food like Hot dogs and popscicles, but healthy food, Billie Jean suggested: lots of tuna, clams (particularly gray ones), porkchop sandwiches, tacos (she suggested pink ones, which I have never heard of), pie, whisker biscuits, etc. etc.

It seemed to work for BJK and I think that Martina was also on that diet as well.
Laughing my hiney off!!!!!!! :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.